Local events

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
rarerover

Local events

Post by rarerover »

Hello to all, I am not only new to Mini ownership but to the whole forum thing. My question is how do my wife and I attend the monthly functions like the up coming chocolate event and secondly is there a monthly meeting/gathering? Thanks for any help?
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Welcome to MINI world! To attend outings just post to the particular event that you will attend. Then just show up and join in the fun.
No particular monthly meetings, just the posted events.
You might get other responses, but I haven't found any "formal orginaziation. Be sure and attend any events that BARON hosts/
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

What he said ^ :D

And welcome!

You'll find us to be a fairly congenial lot, and there will be lots of things to do as the weather improves.

Check the "Grassroots Gatherings" forum often too, lots of stuff going on there as well, like our monthly trips to the Heartland Park Road course in Topeka to run hot laps in our cars.

We also have an informal Thursday gathering at a local Sonic Restaurant to meet and eat - it varies around the city each time, so check often for the latest one.

Some of us are doing a May run to the Mt. Rushmore area, and there are tons of MINI events around the country this year in support of MINI's 50 year anniversary.

All you need to do is post your intentions to join in and show up, like John says......

Club dues are donation only, most events are free to attend unless noted otherwise - like the chocolate tour and the cost of joining HPT and going on the track.

OH, and please tell us a bit about yourselves!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
saturn

Post by saturn »

Welcome rareover!

Glad to have ya as part of the Mini-Family!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Local events

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

rarerover wrote:Hello to all, I am not only new to Mini ownership but to the whole forum thing. My question is how do my wife and I attend the monthly functions like the up coming chocolate event and secondly is there a monthly meeting/gathering? Thanks for any help?
Hi and welcome!

The club has one official club gathering each month, which is posted in the "Announcements" thread of the forum. To attend , just respond. Our official events include a wide variety of gatherings, from cruise-in nights at Sonic in the warmer weather months to the annual All-MINI/Mini show at the City Market along with events hosted by Baron.

In the Grassroots Gatherings area, you'll find even more events--and feel free to coordinate your own gathering there, too. Anything goes!

As for dues, we are officially un-official and occasionally round up a few $ to cover what few expenses we have. :) The club doesn't have officers or dues, just volunteers that maintain the website, forum and coordinate events throughout the year along with anything else that is needed. You'll find lots of fun folks here, including some of the original founding members.

Hope to meet you soon!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Welcome Rarerover!

Does your name have anything to do with owning a special edition "classic" Mini, as in the 10' long 1400 lbs. version rather than the new 12' long 2600 pounder that most of us drive?

I love my 2006 MCS, but I really get a kick out of the old classic ones and cannot stop gawking at them everytime I see one.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
rarerover

Post by rarerover »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My wife and I just purchased a 1996 Rover Mini S. It seems to have all the classic charm as well as some modern options. We had some challenges getting it tagged but all is well. I will say that of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Hey, I think I spoke with you at Dressler's Dog Supply. Glad you found the web site.
To others, wait till you see this classic. Even has LHD.
Mr. F56
rarerover

Post by rarerover »

Yes that was me. I took your advice and got on the web site. Sounds like every one is all about having a good time and enjoying the cars. My kind of people. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Welcome!! There is a growing number of classic minis in the KC area :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

rarerover wrote:Thank you all for the warm welcome. My wife and I just purchased a 1996 Rover Mini S. It seems to have all the classic charm as well as some modern options. We had some challenges getting it tagged but all is well. I will say that of all the cars I have owned this is my favorite.
Congrats on the Classic. :) I'm hoping to get my classic to a meeting one of these days.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000