Sunroof Wind Deflector

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Sunroof Wind Deflector

Post by Hagar46 »

Anyone who has the MINI brand sunroof wind deflector, does it significantly reduce wind noise at highway speeds when the sunroof is open? I tend to not use my sunroof unless I am on a slow cruise because of the noise.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Soopercooperinfo

Post by Soopercooperinfo »

Weathertech sells a version that is removable. I spoke with an owner at MITM3 last year who spoke highly of it.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Laurie has one, she says it makes it quieter........but I got the impression from the way she said it that it doesn't help all that much. Since it just clips on, maybe someone who isn't using theirs at the moment would let you borrow it and try it?

I have an aftermarket one that is held on by sticky tape - forever apparently - that doesn't do shite........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I do have the MINI one. I think it helps alot. I have removed it and the difference is very noticible. It has a little deflecter on it so you can actually divert air into the car if you want. It is attached by two clips that are screwed down and has a rubber seal. It is no problem to take it on and off. I am very happy with it.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Thanks for your input, Laurie. I'm not sure that I will get one but its good to know that you are pleased with it.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Soopercooperinfo

Searched for the Weathertech deflector and found that Weathertech was unable to ship. :?: Their price was $59.95. Looked at several other sites advertising the product and their prices ranged from $70.00 to 75.00. Searched some more and found it here and ordered it for $59.95: http://www.properautocare.com/ FWIW.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Thanks, Supercooperinfo. The Weathertech one looks sleeker and more attractive to me. The clip attachment seems better than other after market deflectors also. I might try one for $60.
George

Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Got the WeatherTech one. Easy to install, reduces wind noise and doesn't look too bad although it alters the MINI's smooth roofline. I think it was worth the $60.
George

Soopercooperinfo

Hagar46 wrote:Got the WeatherTech one. Easy to install, reduces wind noise and doesn't look too bad although it alters the MINI's smooth roofline. I think it was worth the $60.
Did you put the attaching clips on the inside or outside of the seal?
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Inside the weatherstrip seal. As per instruction sheet.
George

Soopercooperinfo

Thanks!
Soopercooperinfo

FYI--I installed it yesterday and immediately noticed a substantial reduction in wind noise. I can now hear the stereo at 70 mph with the sunroof open. :D
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Me too!
George