Warranty Ends, Lights Start Flashing....

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Warranty Ends, Lights Start Flashing....

Post by mzupon »

Well Jack had her third birthday on St. Patrick's Day, which was happy, but sad because now I get to pay for everything myself. Which means, of course, that it was time for something to go wrong. Occassionally, I am getting three warning lights which are staying on about a third of the time. The low tire pressure light, which seems to be incorrect, as all four tires are at 32psi is semi-independent. The ABS and DSC lights appear to be synchronized, however. Has anyone seen this before so I can get a read on what might be wrong and not spend $500 on investigation?
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
Punk_Mini

Re: Warranty Ends, Lights Start Flashing....

Post by Punk_Mini »

mzupon wrote:Well Jack had her third birthday on St. Patrick's Day, which was happy, but sad because now I get to pay for everything myself. Which means, of course, that it was time for something to go wrong. Occassionally, I am getting three warning lights which are staying on about a third of the time. The low tire pressure light, which seems to be incorrect, as all four tires are at 32psi is semi-independent. The ABS and DSC lights appear to be synchronized, however. Has anyone seen this before so I can get a read on what might be wrong and not spend $500 on investigation?
The ABS/DSC/Tire Monitoring System gets all of their information from the Wheel Speed Sensor and since you have all three lights you have a bad wheel speed sensor.
Last edited by Punk_Mini on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I have a newer style code reader if you want to see if it's storing a code.......if it's only her third birthday, you're still in warranty aren't you?

4 yrs /50K on the warranty is what I understood, just 3 yrs/36K on the maintenance.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

I have confirmed with Chad and Chris at Detroit Tuned that it is the Wheel Speed Sensor.
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

This is great information, everyone. Thanks for the quick response. I'll get an appointment set up.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I got this done last year on my 03, had the same problems with the lights and it was the wheel speed sensor, I waited around at KC auto sport for a few hours and they got it done, around 250 bucks. mostly labor.
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

Good call everyone. A broken front Wheel Speed Sensor was indeed the issue. Thanks for the signposts!
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Good to hear you got it all fixed and everything is back to normal