08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: New Piece of Bling for the Mini

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Looks sharp! What's up next? :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I suspect that this post I started should have been in Tribal Knowledge. If someone could move it there, I will add that I have tips if someone else is doing this in the future. :)

Don D
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

This is on my bling list. Was it easy to install? Did you have to do any drilling.
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Yes, you have to drill two holes in the bumper cover and two in the splitter, for the stainless turnbuckles. Taking off the bumper cover is just a few bolts and some unplugging of lights. The splitter bolts directly to the bottom of the bumper cover, there are about four holes (they end up invisible) that have to be drilled in the bottom of the bumper cover as well. I think all the holes are about 5mm, maybe 6. Note: You have to be aware of what angle it is on as it is bolted down. If you just bolt it to the bottom of the bumper cover, the leading edge is likely to be pointed up. A splitter needs to be dead level to the ground to work right. On mine, I used the turnbuckles to push it back down to level. M7 suggested adding some sort of spacer between the splitter and the bottom of the bumper cover to get the splitter close to level before you drill the holes and mount the turnbuckles. Not a big deal, but an inconvenience. (This is not mentioned in the instructions).

If you need any help, I can elaborate on the phone or in person.

I like it anyway. :)

Don D