MOTD 09-WHO'S GOING?

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

MOTD 09-WHO'S GOING?

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Trying to see if there is any interest in this years MOTD :? Went last year and had a great time.So if there are any newbe's out there who haven't been or vets who might want to go again post up and let us know :thumbsup2:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Time to see what my JCW package is all about, car will be new to the dragon but driver/s wont be...Thinking of riding the Harley out as well. Depends on the weather.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Here's the website for Minis on the Dragon:

http://minisonthedragon.info/index.html
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

I am going.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I will be in a different set of mountains - Konar Region, Afghanistan. Have fun guys!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Keep your head down, dude. We'll be thinking about you.
MiniManiac wrote:I will be in a different set of mountains - Konar Region, Afghanistan. Have fun guys!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

MiniManiac wrote:I will be in a different set of mountains - Konar Region, Afghanistan. Have fun guys!
Stay safe out there..
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
toeknee

Re: MOTD 09-WHO'S GOING?

Post by toeknee »

We're officially registered with MOTD and have a tent campsite reserved. I've never been camping in an area like the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, so this will be a new experience. As the days left to the even get fewer and fewer, do we have any others making the trek for some great driving?
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

I will coming out to the KC area on the 24 see friends and get some MINI bare essentials ...... coolant. Then heading out to Nashville early on the 26th.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

So we never make the first day of MOTD, but heres our plans for MOTD.

Wednesday 26th, leave in the morning, head to St Louis, then Sikeston, MO for the Throwed Rolls place. Late Lunch/Early dinner, then stay the night in Nashville. Thursday, make it to the Dragon, hopefully by Noon-ish and then setup camp. We'll be in the Fontana Village camp ground so feel free to stop by if your going to be around. If anyone wants to plan a KC MINI ride somewhere, let me know, we'll be on board.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Just look for my MINI it will be with a bunch of slammed, tire stretchin, and wheel poking MINI's of the Motoring|Underground.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I understand there are over 500 MINIs registered now, have fun but be safe!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

There were definitely not 500 MINIs...I would guess more around 150...It did rain most of the weekend, but we did meet some really nice people and were treated to their southern hospitality as they invited us to go eat with them in their cabin. they had some delicious chicken pie. I guess our highlight of the trip was hitting up Lambert's in Sikeston, MO. Pictures to come sometime soon, and maybe a video. I'll let Toni comment on her experience with the dragon as we were leaving.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

kabootist wrote:I'll let Toni comment on her experience with the dragon as we were leaving.

Well, I have a weak stomach and I was not feeling good already due to a pretty bad headache which made me nauseous. We were maybe 2/3 of the way up the dragon and I just couldn't help but get sick, so I rolled down the window because there was nowhere to stop at that point. All I have to say about it is that I am glad it was raining so the side of the car got cleaned off really quick. :oops:
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

I posted some of our pictures from the trip on the club account. Go http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd109/KCMINICLUB/ to see them. :D