2009 HPT Touring Laps

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

2009 HPT Touring Laps

Post by Hagar46 »

MiniDave, Unless I'm reading HPT 2009 Schedule wrong, I think they are having 12 different Touring Club days this year! Twice as much opportunity to have fun!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Sounds like they are making up for lost revenue.

http://hpt.com//store/catalog/pdfs/08_Road_Schedule.pdf
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That's good for us, they have a little more room in the schedul now with the wholesale departure of the SCCA runoffs, Solo, BMW club events and who knows what else.

That should make for a little more room on the track too.

Time to sign up!

Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Think they'll do a rate hike?
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

More dates? That's terrific news! :D I may even take the P'up to a few.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

That would be cool! I haven't got to see the P'up in person yet.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Still no new news from HPT's website for 2009 other than 2x as many Touring Club events listed compared to last year! April 1 is the season opener.

Hagar46

As for the P'up, it's not track ready yet. Been too cold for me to chase down a handful of vibrations, rattles, etc. Also think the tires need to be rebalanced and probably need to install softer, better brake shoes. Right now the brakes are very firm, but yield nothing compared to our MINIs. You stand on the brakes and the car slows down. You really stand on the brakes and it slows down somewhat faster. If softer pads don't help, I'll be approaching turn 1 with unprecedented caution :lol: .
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Here's the list of events we might attend. I notice the Porsche club has three weekends scheduled, and the BMW Club has none.

The Audi club has always extended an invitation to us, and their events tend to not be stuffed with overly agressive drivers if someone wants to do a full DE weekend

HPT Touring Club and Track Events 2009

April 1 Wednesday Touring Club #1

April 15 Wednesday Touring Club #2

April 17-19 Fri/Sat/Sun Porsche Club

April 29 Wednesday Touring Club #3

May 13 Wednesday Touring Club #4

May 15-17 Fri/Sat/Sun Audi Club

June 3 Wednesday Touring Club #5

June 13-14 Sat/Sun Porsche Club

June 24 Wednesday Touring Club #6

July 15 Wednesday Touring Club #7

Aug 12 Wednesday Touring Club #8

Aug 19 Wednesday Touring Club #9

Sept 16 Wednesday Touring Club #10

Sept 30 Wednesday Touring Club #11

Oct 14 Wednesday Touring Club #12

Oct 17-18 Fri/Sat/Sun Porsche Club

Still no word on costs yet, but I'm hoping they don't ratchet it up too much, if at all. As it's now March, if they don't get something up on the website in the next week or so, I'll send an email to Ed Ozment. It would be fun to get about 10 MINI's at some of these events, it's really a lot of fun and does not damage your car - unless you choose to get stupid.........
I'm glad to see three events in April when the weather will be cooler - I tend to skip the July and August events due to the heat or vacations. This year I'll miss the May events due to conflicts with other events already scheduled (Rushmore trip) but that still leaves 8 events for the season - that should be plenty!

Dimini, I'm not sure you'll need to worry about your brakes on the P'up. Given it's brick like aerodynamics, just letting off the gas should slow it down in plenty of time! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

KC BMW Club has chosen not to pay the "price". Keep in mind, the weekends that Porsche & Audi clubs run they have "charity laps". They occur pretty much at noon on the dot. For a $10 fee you get 8-10 laps at speed behind a pace car and no passing allowed. Just get in line before any Ford Taurus - fast on the front straight and painfully slow in the corners.
Last fall I did a 4k rev limit with my 600 mile S and still hit 90mph on the front stretch. Then lunch at PAT'S PIG. A great way to spend 3 hours.
Mr. F56
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

I finally joined to forum a while back but haven't got around to posting anywhere yet.

I am Kabootist' girlfriend, Toni, and am the one that gets to drive the MINI daily since I learned to drive a stick which is awesome and makes my commute so much more fun. On top of that, I also get to drive it on the track this year too. I even bought my Snell rated helmet today!

See ya'll on the track :D
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

toeknee wrote:I finally joined to forum a while back but haven't got around to posting anywhere yet.

I am Kabootist' girlfriend, Toni, and am the one that gets to drive the MINI daily since I learned to drive a stick which is awesome and makes my commute so much more fun. On top of that, I also get to drive it on the track this year too. I even bought my Snell rated helmet today!

See ya'll on the track :D
I feel so used...and like a tool... :D
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

kabootist wrote: I feel so used...and like a tool... :D

You're just jealous. It's your fault for encouraging me to learn to drive it. :P
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yay Toeknee!

See you on the track then!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'll second the "Yay Toeknee!"

It will be fun to see both of you out there this year. Minidave, you're right, the P'up scrubbs off speed quickly just by letting off the gas. Wow, wearing a helmet will make it seem so QUIET.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Thanks for the enthusiasm! :) I just hope you are still enthusiastic after I drive around the track a few times. :P
Minidave, I made your advice and instruction--you seem very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to track driving.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Toeknee, I'd be happy to give you what help I can offer........

I sent an email today to the PTB in charge of the Touring Laps events, since I can't find anyplace to register or pay for the upcoming events, the first of which is only 2 weeks away!

(fensley@hpt.com)

If/when I get a response I'll post it up.......

BTW, I saw a Minvan of some sort yesterday with the personalized plate that said ToeKnee - was that you or an imposter?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Minidave wrote: BTW, I saw a Minvan of some sort yesterday with the personalized plate that said ToeKnee - was that you or an imposter?
Haha, it wasn't me. I would not be driving a minivan, just a MINI. :)

Let us know what you find out, I am excited to get out there.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: 2009 HPT Touring Laps

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I know y'all sometimes eat at Ted's before heading to the track, so thought I'd pass this link along. It's a $10 off coupon for two entrees and it can be used at lunch.

http://offers.tedsmontanagrill.com/
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
BMW Mike

Post by BMW Mike »

Hey guys and gals.

I'd like to personally invite all of you to the KC BMW Club DE at Hallett July 11-12.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1847

The quality of track instruction you get from one of our schools is priceless. Hallett's only a few hours from KC, and the terrain makes HPT look like a washboard! If there was ever a track designed for a Mini, this is it! Very technical, with connecting, and even a blind turn! At Hallett you'll never have time to twiddle your thumbs between turns! Our Chief Driving Instructor calls Hallett, a mini (PTP) Mid Ohio!!

If you do HPT Touring Club events, you owe it to yourself and your car to get proper instruction. The end result will be more fun (and safety) out of your car.

Also, opposed to Touring Club at HPT, at our events you can get insurance from Lockton that fully covers your car on track!

Please join your BMW Club pals at Hallett!
BMW Mike

Post by BMW Mike »

Monday is the last day for early bird pricing. Don't wait! Sign up now!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Touring Laps tomorrow, anyone going?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I've committed to BMW Club DE at Hallett next month plus I have a last minute business meeting tomorrow night. Will miss end of June HPT also because spending week w/wife on 2009 KATY Trail Ride.
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, I think dimini is still out of town.

Too bad too, cause after todays rain it should be cool tomorrow........

I'm going to miss the end of the month and July both, and I'm not too sure about August right now, but Sept and Oct look good for me!

Have a great day at Hallett, and take some video for us, OK?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I'll take video at Hallett as long as I remember to pack the camera! I'll put the mounting bracket with my helmet so I don't forget. :D
George

Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

HPT Credit Balance

I have a credit on my account from the rain out last September. I have been in contact with HPT (Freda) and they say I can transfer it to another account if I want. I am pretty sure my track days are done, so next time you want to register for a Touring Lap day PLEASE let me know. I would love to transfer my $60 credit to you so it won't go to waste. Of course I would like you to give me the $60 in exchange for my credit. :wink:
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS