K.C.A.I. "Art of the Car" Concours, June 27, 2009

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

K.C.A.I. "Art of the Car" Concours, June 27, 2009

Post by mcconned »

This is only the third year for this event so you may not have heard of it before. I had the pleasure of going last year and was absolutely stunned by that collection of cars on display. I can not over state the variety and beauty of the cars there. Anything from a 1916 Electric car to exceptionally rare Porsche's to Cord's to '55 Chevy's to Rolls Royces. There's probably a Mini or two. It is not an exaggeration to say there are $1,000,000 of cars here.
This year's "Art of the Car will be held Saturday, June 27 at the Kansas City Art Institute. KCAI is located in between the Nelson Art Gallery and The Kemper Art Museum.
Viewing is open to the public and there is a cover charge but I'm sure you'll agree you get your monies worth. I don't recall the fee but I think it was $10...maybe less. The proceeds go to the schol;arship fund at Kansas City Art Institute.
I believe to display your car is by invitation only as opposed to just showing up in your car and parking it.
Here is a link to this year's event with pictures.
http://www.kcai.edu/advancement/ways/Ar ... ncours.php

Here are my pictures from last year. http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcconned_bucket/ Yes, I am definitely an amateur photographer.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: K.C.A.I. "Art of the Car" Concours, June 27, 2009

Post by Minidave »

dimini and I went to this last year as well and I posted up a lot of my pics, it's a terrific event and I encourage all to attend!

I'm looking forward to it............
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I was thinking about going this year. I know my mini isn't good enough to show off there though. :( But it'd still be fun to go look at all the other pretty cars.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
289cobra

Post by 289cobra »

mcconned wrote:This is only the third year for this event so you may not have heard of it before. I had the pleasure of going last year and was absolutely stunned by that collection of cars on display. I can not over state the variety and beauty of the cars there. Anything from a 1916 Electric car to exceptionally rare Porsche's to Cord's to '55 Chevy's to Rolls Royces. There's probably a Mini or two. It is not an exaggeration to say there are $1,000,000 of cars here.
This year's "Art of the Car will be held Saturday, June 27 at the Kansas City Art Institute. KCAI is located in between the Nelson Art Gallery and The Kemper Art Museum.
Viewing is open to the public and there is a cover charge but I'm sure you'll agree you get your monies worth. I don't recall the fee but I think it was $10...maybe less. The proceeds go to the schol;arship fund at Kansas City Art Institute.
I believe to display your car is by invitation only as opposed to just showing up in your car and parking it.
Here is a link to this year's event with pictures.
http://www.kcai.edu/advancement/ways/Ar ... ncours.php

Here are my pictures from last year. http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcconned_bucket/ Yes, I am definitely an amateur photographer.
You are correct that the "cover charge" is $10. on the day of the event, however if you purchase your tickets in advance on line they are $8.00 Go to the KCAI web site or try http://www.artofthecarconcours.com
As an FYI the total value of the cars on exhibit will be in the "many" millions. Even some single cars are million dollar cars. There will be about 180 vehicles. The show will also include vintage motorcycles and this year vintage bicycles. When was the last time, if ever, you have seen a Harley-Davidson BICYCLE from 1919? Or a 1911 Stafford Sports Roadster. Stafford automobiles were built in Kansas City. This is the only known one to exist. Harry Truman owned one once.
There will be three electrics from the 1900's. And perhaps a new Tesla, the first to be delivered to the KC area, if it makes it in time for the Concours.

Rolls Royces...how about a 1912 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Roi des Belges Tourer or perhaps you'll enjoy the 1930 MG 1212 Brooklands Racer, Boat Tail Racer. I could go on, but you get the idea. There is something for everyone. Come and enjoy!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Sounds like fun. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000