MINI X1/Crossover out in the wild.

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
saturn

Re: MINI X1/Crossover out in the wild.

Post by saturn »

Here's the funny part about those pictures, if you look closely (especially the pictures of the back) they want you to think that it's getting double doors like the Clubbie, when in fact, those dual handles are decals. There is a single piece of glass on the hatch as well as a single wiper. On this picture Image you can even see the wrinkle in the vinyl graphic for the handles! C'mon, are we THAT stupid? :shock: LMAO!
Oh, and notice that it's 5-lug as well suggesting that it IS on a BMW platform.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

saturn wrote:Here's the funny part about those pictures, if you look closely (especially the pictures of the back) they want you to think that it's getting double doors like the Clubbie, when in fact, those dual handles are decals. There is a single piece of glass on the hatch as well as a single wiper.
Perhaps the real one will get double doors and this prototype just does not have them? It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to mislead the public about the nature of the vehicle. Or perhaps I am just naive...
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I am sort of diggin it. I have liked it from the first time I saw the concept pics.

I for one hope they lose the double doors. Having that blind spot in an already small rear window is really distracting. (At least it was to me when I had a Clubman as a loaner)

Does anyone know when this thing might actually hit the market?
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Laurie wrote:I am sort of diggin it. I have liked it from the first time I saw the concept pics.

I for one hope they lose the double doors. Having that blind spot in an already small rear window is really distracting. (At least it was to me when I had a Clubman as a loaner)

Does anyone know when this thing might actually hit the market?
The double doors are very convenient for loading stuff and you don't notice the posts in the center after a few days. For this new car I think that a hatch would be a better fit. The crossover is supposed to go on sale next year.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Hopefully the 5-lug carries over to the entire MINI line eventually... :P
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Sounds like BMW just put a patent on the Countryman name....That could be the name of the new Crossover.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Anyone besides me think that bulging headlight fad is just stupid looking?