Very late notice. Kansas SCCA Rally tomorrow, Sunday October

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Very late notice. Kansas SCCA Rally tomorrow, Sunday October

Post by mcconned »

I received this notice while I was out of town and this is my first chance to post.

The Kansas Region SCCA will hold their first Road Rally of
the year on Sunday October 11, 2009.

Starting location will be Gregg Tire, 2855 SW Wanamaker Rd, Topeka KS.(Corner of SW 29th St & Wanamaker Rd). Registration opens at 10:00am. First car out at 11:00am. This event is open to members and non members.

The course will take you over roads in Northeast Kansas that many of you have never traveled on before. The event will last approximately 3 1/2 hours and will in the Manhattan area.

Road Rally's follow an assigned course, staying within the assigned speed limits and checkpoints at the scheduled time.

For more information please contact Randy Gregg via email at randy@greggtire.com .

Although it's not stated but there normally is a registration fee.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
LiLReD1

Re: Very late notice. Kansas SCCA Rally tomorrow, Sunday October

Post by LiLReD1 »

When is it ending in Manhattan? That's 8 miles from me!
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

By the time you posted the rally was over. The Finish Line was a convenience store on 24 highway on the east side of Manhattan.

The Rally was relatively simple compared to ones in the past which was great since I had a rookie navigator. The route was the backroads from Topeka to Manhattan. As with every SCCA Rally I've done in the past, there were some great roads with some great scenery. That alone makes it an enjoyable outing.

The next Rallys will be the weekend of November 14th. The 14th rally will be on paved roads and will start at The Legends Shopping Center (at Kansas Speedway) and will end in one of my favorite towns, Weston.

The rally on the 15th will be on all dirt roads and believe me, your car will get DIRTY!! It is more of a challenge since a lot of the turns are based on your odometer as opposed to street/road names.

More details to follow.
Dan McConnell
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Can't say I'll be going on dirt roads, lol. Other than that, I'm interested! Is there info about this anywhere?
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

LiLReD1 wrote:Can't say I'll be going on dirt roads, lol. Other than that, I'm interested! Is there info about this anywhere?

Check them out here. http://www.kcrscca.org/new/
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I did the Legends/Weston rally last year and it was a ton o fun, so I highly recommend it.

I had a rookie navigator/aggravator and we still managed to finish 3rd (we was robbed - we were tied in time and they gave it to the cute girls! :lol: )

However (note to Saturn) there were no dirt or gravel roads on this run! :lol:

Unfortunately, that's the same weekend as the Pig Tail run, which we've already committed to this year, so we won't be able to run it this time.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Minidave wrote:I did the Legends/Weston rally last year and it was a ton o fun, so I highly recommend it.

I had a rookie navigator/aggravator and we still managed to finish 3rd (we was robbed - we were tied in time and they gave it to the cute girls! :lol: )

However (note to Saturn) there were no dirt or gravel roads on this run! :lol:

Unfortunately, that's the same weekend as the Pig Tail run, which we've already committed to this year, so we won't be able to run it this time.........
I remember you from last year. I was in the blue 350Z Roadster.
Here are a couple of points I want to make.
#1 Driving your MINI is NOT required! It makes it more fun but feel free to show up in whatever you want.. Past Rally entries have varied from Corvettes and Porsches to minivans and station wagons. If the weathers bad I'll drive my daily driver Dodge.
#2.Regarding the Sunday Rally on dirt roads, as I pointed out earlier, your car will really get dirty. I drove my Dodge last year and I think it's still dirty! :lol: So, be advised.

For me, one of the attractions of this event are wonderful and scenic roads the Rallymeisters some up with. Some I've gone back and driven again.

As more information becomes available I'll pass it along.
Dan McConnell