Friday Meet sometime?

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
arpredith

Re: Friday Meet sometime?

Post by arpredith »

Hey everyone!
Had a great time Friday night at Jack Stack and it was really nice to meet everyone. Will definitely look forward to "MINI" :lol: more! Loved seeing the MINI's and can't wait to meet more!!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hey Allison! Glad to see you on the forum.......... :chili:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

LiLReD1 would you like a hand with the parts install? I will be available friday. everyone should definitely do a Sonic meet if weather is good. if not how about O'Dowd's on the plaza? great pub!
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
arpredith

Post by arpredith »

Hey thanks Dave! :D
Looking forward to the next gathering..maybe this Friday it sounds like? I'm not able to log on to the forum much but will try to keep up with it more for sure. Would love to get the MINI on a track somewhere next spring! Until then the "round abouts" will have to do ...... :lol:
Need to save tread for winter too... :|
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

ksminiman wrote:LiLReD1 would you like a hand with the parts install? I will be available friday. everyone should definitely do a Sonic meet if weather is good. if not how about O'Dowd's on the plaza? great pub!
If we're not all meeting up, sure! Probably be working on it all weekend otherwise. Not sure if I want to install the cat-back. (Did I say that already?) Anyone want an ALTA cat-back system for a Clubbie?
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

welcome allison! I am new here as well. hope to meet you. sounds like you might be a potential autocrosser :D I plan to run my car next season as i will miss the final event this year due to work.

LiLReD1 what other fun goodies do you have?
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Yes, Allison is the original "racer to be". Trust me, I know! ;)

Still waiting on the m7 parts, going on the 4th week ksminiman. Got their Super AGS intake with the Vortex 2 CF hood scoop. Boost tube eliminating that intake muffler! Turbo heat shield. From ALTA, I got their intercooler, turbo-back exhaust (again, may sell the cat-back part), rear lower control arms, short shifter, H&R RSS coil overs.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

little off topic and for another thread but we need to make an autocross/racing section on here
Hi. My name is Tommy.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Ya we do!
tdiguy

Post by tdiguy »

Can I, as a vegetarian married to a vegetarian, ask that some meetings occur at places other than Sonic (nothing there for me) or BBQ places? I'm not asking for a total avoidance of such meaty places, but I would like an occasional visit to some more non-meat-eater place.

Just a wistful wish.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

tdiguy wrote:Can I, as a vegetarian married to a vegetarian, ask that some meetings occur at places other than Sonic (nothing there for me) or BBQ places? I'm not asking for a total avoidance of such meaty places, but I would like an occasional visit to some more non-meat-eater place.

Just a wistful wish.
I do not think this is wishful at all. Do you have any suggestions of great places with lots of vegetarian options?
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I'm not a vegetarian, but I could definitely eat at a place geared for such. Any idea's? I know a good greek rest by KU med, but there is NO parking out that way.

I'll have to think some more.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

tdiguy I am not familiar with vegetarian restaurants in the area but i will check the menu at O'Dowds. they have a great variety of European foods and it is very good quality food for the money. what types of food would you be looking for? I think a change would be great.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

tdiguy wrote:Can I, as a vegetarian married to a vegetarian, ask that some meetings occur at places other than Sonic (nothing there for me) or BBQ places? I'm not asking for a total avoidance of such meaty places, but I would like an occasional visit to some more non-meat-eater place.

Just a wistful wish.
November's meet will be veg friendly (details soon in the announcements thread) and here are a few other thoughts on places that offer veggie options:

Lulu's Noodle Shop
Bluebird Bistro
A morning meet at a coffee house, the Filling Station would be fun!
Chipotle
Jason's Deli
Panera
a Pizza Place (I really like Pizza Fusion on 135th, they have a vegan option as well and so does Waldo)
Blue Koi
Pei Wei

Any of those work? FWIW, one of my favorite veg dinners in town comes from Jack Stack. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.