Installed m7 Super AGS and boost tube

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
LiLReD1

Installed m7 Super AGS and boost tube

Post by LiLReD1 »

Not a bad little setup. It seems to sometimes wanna tap against the under side of the JCW strut bar, but just did a quick fix with a rubber washer siliconed to the strut bar. Good for now. Installs well with just basic hand tools really.

The boost tube, aka the turbo/intercooler tube with the muffler on it... that was a bit more hands on. I'm really glad I had the lift to work underneath it, makes it a lot easier to get to the lower clamp. Along with the mounting arm that comes off of the muffler and screws to the side. Up top, had to take off the coolant overflow to get a good grip on the stock tube to pull off. Nothing crazy though.

All in all, turbo response is even more better than before, which I barely thought was possible. You can definitely notice the turbo lag more because the turbo is almost like a switch now when ya mash the throttle... though it's so fast, you can't even time it.

And of course like some of you may know when you put on an intake, you definitely get the BOV sound, and the turbo wooosh that every driver of a turbo car should hear, and enjoy! It's just to fun!

Next weekend I hope to get the H&R RSS coil overs and the ALTA IC, along with the m7 oil catch can. Still haven't decided if I want to install that ALTA exhaust or not. Really enjoying the modifications I did to the stock JCW exhaust. We'll see!
cdecker78

Re: Installed m7 Super AGS and boost tube

Post by cdecker78 »

Everything sounds great. Glad you got some of the mods done and glad they are working out well. Gotta love the sound of the TURBO now!

Ok... What is the mod to the exhaust :?:
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Just eliminated the reso from the system. Dunno how it'd be on an S though. JCW has a different system.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Let us know how the Alta IC fits. I almost bought one during their 50% off sale, but I have heard horror stories about the fitment. I had to send my turbo inlet tube back twice because it didn't fit. Now folks are posting up that they are getting holes in their boost tubes. Wonderful.....
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

The boost tube (T/IC) doesn't look close to anything, let alone anything bad enough to create a hole to be rubbed through.

I've heard things about the ALTA IC as well, but we'll just have to see about it I guess. I'm more worried about boogerin' up the bumper than anything else, lol.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

People are showing holes in the cold side and hot side boost tube. I guess the engine torque causing them to rub on something. I am going to check mine when I get back from Douschbagestan next month.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!