Drive to the Donuts, Saturday November 28th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Drive to the Donuts, Saturday November 28th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I'm going to drive to Cameron, MO next Saturday, November 28th to grab a donut at Sweet Al's. Anyone want to join me?

The plan is to take the back roads (all paved, some slightly twisty) to Cameron and return on the interstate. I'll leave from Starbucks in Liberty at 8 a.m. Starbucks address is 1915 Star Drive, right off of I-35 at MO Hwy 152. We'll be in Cameron by 9, back in KC by 10:30ish, depending on how long you like to savor your coffee and donuts. :D

I've been on a quest to find 52 unique donut shops this year and Sweet Al's came highly recommended.

Let me know if you'll be coming along for some donut madness...
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LiLReD1

Re: Drive to the Donuts, Saturday November 28th

Post by LiLReD1 »

Sounds very interesting... have a lot of things going on that weekend, so we'll see how it pans out.
MiniReD1

Post by MiniReD1 »

This sounds fun! Might be able to swing it .. will keep you posted .. :D
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Sounds like fun but we will be on the road coming from Memphis. Too much BBQ from Corkey's will be had.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Sounds like fun, we will be there :D
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Sureee, we'll add Cameron, MO on our list for this month. So far we've been to and around Omaha, NE; Paris, AR; Denton, TX; Wichita, KS; Branson, MO. Trying hard to add more openometer time!!! BTW, the address for Sweet Als is 808 N. Walnut St, Cameron, MO
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: The "Goose" will most likely go if I can get up that early!!!
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

it is in my plans if I can get up that early.

Wow just looked at the map! this may be a little out of the way for me. got to be at work for 11am down in Lenexa. How bout Dunkin Donuts at 7722 W 151st St Overland Park, KS 66223? that is a little closer to my house :D maybe for another trip.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'd like to go but I'll have to talk to David about it first. :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ksminiman wrote:it is in my plans if I can get up that early.

Wow just looked at the map! this may be a little out of the way for me. got to be at work for 11am down in Lenexa. How bout Dunkin Donuts at 7722 W 151st St Overland Park, KS 66223? that is a little closer to my house :D maybe for another trip.
It wouldn't be a problem getting to Lenexa by 11, unless you plan to have a realllllly leisurely donut and coffee at Sweet Al's. In fact, you might have better luck getting coffee and donuts (and a parking space) in Cameron and getting to Lenexa on time than going to DD in OP. No plans for me to go to DD, already visited one this year on my 52 donut journey. And there are much better donuts and coffee to be had from local purveyors than a chain anyway. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

I just might go then. I need to get badges from you anyway. I keep forgetting to send you a check.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

ragtopday wrote: And there are much better donuts and coffee to be had from local purveyors than a chain anyway. :D
Do share! :D
tdiguy

Post by tdiguy »

Plan to be there, with a check for decals if the decal person will be there too!

And Poppy's in Independence used to have good donuts, but have not been in years.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

tdiguy wrote:Plan to be there, with a check for decals if the decal person will be there too!

And Poppy's in Independence used to have good donuts, but have not been in years.
Poppy's has what I think may be the best chocolate cake donut in town, plus it's just a charming, locally owned donut shop. My donut adventure at Poppy's is here:
http://52donuts.blogspot.com/2009/01/we ... onuts.html

And I'll be there Saturday with decals in hand. :D
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

I'll be attending the donut drive.
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If you've RSVP'd, I have sent you a PM with my cell #. Give me a call if you find yourself running a tiny bit late, don't want to leave anyone behind. :)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Shoulda mentioned bring a two-way radio if you've got one. The route is pretty simple but just in case... :D
tdiguy

Post by tdiguy »

So, two Clarks there to get decals as well. See you tomorrow!
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

This was a fun back roads drive. Enjoyed being with fellow miniacs! My employees loved the glazed donuts I took them. Four people ate the whole dozen.
If you get near Cameron, stop at Sweet Al's. :D
Mr. F56
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Glazed donut's were the bomb. Thanks for the suggestion of Jamespot...Ragtopday. There's a restaurant there that had the best food and smooshed tater's i'v had for a buffet. We found the town I was trying to think of with all the painted murual's on the downtown buildings....Chillicothe