Supercharger belt replacement

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Supercharger belt replacement

Post by MiniGeoff »

davester wrote:
MiniGeoff wrote:Ah ha! Alta website has the belt info. For my Alta 15% pulley and stock crank pulley, looks like I need NAPA Belt 060539. That's at least some good news.

I think you need the NAPA Belt # 060535. Thats the # I installed on my MINI with a 15% pulley. Do a search on NAM for the correct belt # and it should be 060535---

Still waiting on the tensioner tool in the mail. Dont know if MLK day will postpone delivery until Friday. If it comes, I will bring some hand tools.
According to the Alta website http://www.altaperformance.com/products ... ulley-Belt I need 060539

Let's hope that's right, since I bought one today...

And let's hope that the rain goes away. While I'd love to get it this Sat, I also don't wanna work in the rain and I'm unavailable on Sunday...
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Right now Weather.com says rain Sat morning...... :roll:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

So, as of right now it says 'PM Thunderstorms' and a 40% precip chance.

While I'd *love* to do it, I'm not a morning person, have a long night of stuff this evening that is going to make it even harder for me to get out of bed, am super worried about the worst case scenario of being half done when it starts to pour down cold rain like we need an ark, and generally do not feel much like gambling or very lucky right now. Also, Sunday is my daughters birthday, so that day is filled with family stuff...

As a result, I think the best option is to reschedule for next weekend and hope we get better weather, better owner confidence, and maybe some more room in the garage to work, just in case. (anyone know what to do with a bunch of old windows? I got new ones and have a huge stack of the old ones filling up 25% of my garage...)

Opinions on what day is better? 30th or 31st?
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm available Fri, Sat or Sun, whatever works best for you. BTW, I hope you realize I'm just planning to look over your shoulder while you do all the work!

:mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Minidave wrote:I'm available Fri, Sat, whatever works best for you. BTW, I hope you realize I'm just planning to look over your shoulder while you do all the work!

:mrgreen:
yea, i'm Dave's backup and I can help watch next Fri/Sat.; but Sunday would be out---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

the forecast for tomorrow is getting better-- lets check in the AM for tomorrow afternoon
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

While I agree the forcast is looking better, the Mrs started making plans for me once I decided to cancel, and I'm now booked up for the afternoon.

Let's make a go at it next Sat.
06 Subaru WRX
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

OK, but its going to be very cold next Sat---

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

i'm still good for Sat. after 12:00. I will have the belt tensioner tool with me at Baron on Sat.,9-12pm, if anyone wants to pick it up. I am leaving for Memphis the following Tuesday for a lengthy stay.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

I am in for saturday. I need to install my pulley as well. I am all for helping. I have nothing going on till late. I should also have all the tools needed except the pulley remover and tensioner bar. I have pullers to use with the puller. I dont have an inch pound torque wrench but I can have one of those real quick at sears. (I need a good inch pound wrench anyway. Its more important than a ft-lbs wrench when you build engines these days :) )
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'll bring the pulley puller with me to Baron on SAt, I may be tied up for the afternoon if I spend the am doing the test drive thingy.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Dave if I could borrow that from you it would be greatly appreciated. I will make a tensioner bar if I have to. :) I have a full shop here in Pittsburg so if this weekend doesnt happen I can get it installed during the week at school.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Ok, it's going to be dry, but very cold, this Sat.

Where I was unwilling to work in the wet, I can deal with cold. Considering the weather and the test drive event at Baron, can we get mine done Sat afternoon?

And I'm happy to offer driveway and help to anyone who has anything else they want to do that day. My garage is still full of windows I can't figure out how to get rid of, but I might get lucky tomorrow with that and then we'll have more room and a *bit* warmer conditions. But I wouldn't bet on it.
06 Subaru WRX
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

If you ask nicely, maybe they'll even let you install it in the warm service shop at the dealership. Since they have a skeleton crew running on Satruday, they'll have the shop space. :) Shouldn't take long to do, and yer even bringing yer own tool.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Ah, but the issue is that the car is immoble and at my house. Short of a tow, I don't have any way to move it from where it is anywhere. If I don't get enough room created in the garage to work on it tomorrow, then I'll have to push it into the driveway to work on it...
06 Subaru WRX
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

"My garage is still full of windows I can't figure out how to get rid of, but I might get lucky tomorrow with that and then we'll have more room and a *bit* warmer conditions. But I wouldn't bet on it."

Set theme out at the curb. Bet they will disappear. Other than that, I think there is a surplus-charity used building supply deal that might even pick them up.
Not sure what it is called. Try goggle. Saw a whole house dismantled and donated.
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Note to self:

Bring pulley puller tool, creeper, battery charger to Baron Saturday.

Anything else?

Personally, I don't like trying to work in the cold unless there simply is no other choice, my feet and fingers get cold and I lose concentration and make mistakes. Then it takes even longer to fix something. But, if there's no other choice, that's what we'll do.....

Habitat for Humanity might pick them up too
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

use the windows to turn your driveway into a sunroom :lol:

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Do you guys know how cold it's supposed to be on Sat? Darn cold ,thats how cold. Your all nuts!!!!!The idea about the windows on the curb is a good idea. Be surprised how fast they'll disappear. I'd shoot for semi-heated garage.LOL-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

The plan is for some of the windows go to Habitat tomorrow, actually, but they've already told me that they wont' take them all. The rest go on craigslist for free-free-free tomorrow. Ideally that'll take care of it.

Anyone, for those brave folks willing to help me in the cold, it's 8710 Kentucky AVe, KCMO 64138

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 64138&z=16
06 Subaru WRX
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Nice and close. this may be a possibility. anything to get another mini back on the road :) If you can get enough stuff out of the way to at least use the garage as a wind breaker then that would be good for me.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Good news! Storm windows gone to Habitat for Humanity. Others are getting lots of craigslist responses and are sitting outside. That makes plenty of room in the garage for working on my car out of the snow!

Thanks everyone for helping, I'll try to arrange some pizza or something once we're all here. I'll see you around 1pm.
06 Subaru WRX
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Want me to bring an electric heater too? I've got a pretty good one....

I like meat and cheeze, no veggies, just sayin......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

the "Tool man" will be there--- anyone else???

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

A heater couldn't hurt, for sure. :D
06 Subaru WRX