Local wins trip to England for logging most topless hours.

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Local wins trip to England for logging most topless hours.

Post by kenshin138 »

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/05/kans ... opless-ho/
Ever wonder what possible use the Openometer could have? The tiny dashboard gauge is found only in the Mini convertible and tracks the number of hours a Mini motorist has been driving with the top down. Cute, sure, but hardly as useful as, say... a speedometer or fuel gauge. Well, David Loveall and over 400 other Mini Cooper Convertible owners across America found the Openometer very useful as they participated in the Open One Challenge.

Kansas City's Loveall logged some 555.55 hours of top-down driving in his Mini, after driving across the country and visiting every one of the 48 contiguous states in the union. He took some of America's greatest back-roads, like Route 66 and US 50, avoiding the freeway at all costs and often camping roadside in a tent.

For his dedication to the open-air cause, Loveall is being awarded with a free trip to England to visit the Mini factory in Oxford. That's on top of the $1,000 in gift cards he got after finishing first in four out of five of the monthly contests and third in the fifth. Not too shabby, David.
Thats...a lot of driving.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Local wins trip to England for logging most topless hours.

Post by ddmini »

Not only did he win the trip to England, but MINI gave him the best looking jacket I have seen from them.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
getsalot

Re: Local wins trip to England for logging most topless hours.

Post by getsalot »

Yaa Yaaa Yaaa... tick's me offff he won, gawd dangitttt allll!!!....lmao. I put a bit less than 400 hr's on my new mini and over 17,000 mile's in less than 4 month's. Hoped I had chance.. butttt nooooooo...lol.