Might be a while before I see ya again!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
saturn

Might be a while before I see ya again!

Post by saturn »

So after 13 months of unemployment, benefits running out rapidly, I decided I needed to work BADLY and decided to go back to school to get my commercial drivers license! I graduated after 1 month of schooling on February 11th and had 6 different companies wanting me to go to work for them. What a great feeling that was after nothing for 13 months! After much deliberation, I chose to go with Swift transportation. As I write this, I am awaiting a driver mentor to become available to complete my training. I will be gone for a minimum of 45 days, and then they will assign me my own truck. I have also chosen to team up with a friend from school and we will be running Haz-Mat from east coast to west coast. As with all new hires, you must do your time. pay your dues with the company before you could be considered for anything local, which usually is a minimum of 1 year. I just wanted to let everyone know that I will try as hard as I can to attend as many events as my schedule will allow, but it might be a while until you see me again.
As Johnna pointed out to me, I am going from driving one of the smaller things on the road, to one of the larger things, but then again, I have always been up for a challenge!
I'm not disappearing, by any means, but just wanted to let you all know what's happening. So if you see a big Swift 18 wheeler blaring it's horn at you, it's most likely me!!!!
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Might be a while before I see ya again!

Post by DA MINI »

Saturn, Good luck on the road! I know the KC crowd will miss having you at the events.
Mr. F56
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Good luck Kevin. Keep the shiny side up and let's motor in the big rig--- Can you borrow it and pack it full of MINI's for a road trip? :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Good luck my friend. And if you see a chilli red Clubbie blaring it's horn at you... you prolly ran me over! :) lol
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Good luck with your new career. The trucking industry is great place to be. I drove commercial for a short period and then did 20 years in transportation with the Army. There is always something that needs to be moved. Now you will be providing that link between supply and demand so we can have all our needs and want in our daily lives. Be safe out there and check your mirrors for fast moving small vehicles, it may be one of us!!!!!!!!!
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Kevin ,hope to see you and John again in the future. Stay safe.-Frank :wave:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s