Dog needs home!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Dog needs home!

Post by kenshin138 »

I don't suppose anybody on the site would be interested in a Doberman/Greyhound mix? Loki is a male, about 4.5 years old, 70lbs, fixed, and current on all shots. He is a very, VERY high energy dog and deserves a place with a yard and an active owner to care for him.

I have had him for 3.5 years and took him from a friend who joined the Peace Corps. I knew little about dog breeds and deeply regret it now. We live in a townhouse with no yard and its taken me this long to admit that it was a poor choice. He is a good dog, but needs socialization. He is perfect with people and kids. He is semi-aggressive towards cats and rabbits. He also gets some defensive aggression with other large hyper male dogs and is possessive of his toys to other dogs. I have watched him play fetch with a ~10 year old boy he never met for half an hour and then a few minutes later get in another dogs face for trying to take the ball. Kids under 5 would probably be a bad idea too, not because he is aggressive but he sometimes doesn't realize where his back feet or tail is as he is a bit goofy.

The good though, is that you couldn't ask for a more loving dog. He is waiting at the door when you get home and will be in whatever room you are in when home. He will try to sleep with you if you let him and/or thinks he is a lap dog. He loves to play and especially run. He has had some obedience training and responds well to sit/stay/come/etc. as long as he isn't distracted by something like a cat or whatnot. As a "defender" he will lay by the door of the room and actually tends to lay in our hallway where he can protect both me and my wifes office. :P

All of that said, its just not working out for us. We have a rat terrier and a chihuahua which are fine, but Loki is simply too much for us w/ the current living situation. We also found out that our HOA only allows 2 dogs; I swore it was 3 when we moved in; so all it will take is one call. Due to his size he is a bit too much for my wife to handle as well, which makes things hard if I am not at home. I hate to give him up, but he really deserves room to run and play instead of our townhouse and having to be on a leash all the time.

If you or anybody you know could provide a loving home for him, please let me know. I will deliver him along with his favorite ball and 3 months of heartworm medicine.

If interested, please call: Ryan Powell, 913-530-8759.

Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Dog needs home!

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

He's a cutie!!! Sorry I can't take him. :( Already have two dogs and two cats.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000