I had some fun yestderday. Garages. Gas fillup Yaris Owner.

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
79cutlas

I had some fun yestderday. Garages. Gas fillup Yaris Owner.

Post by 79cutlas »

Well I cleaned up Lucy's home, installed a new surround system since my old one fell and busted.

Then I went to the mall to have lunch with my wife, I bought a huge Steelers window logo for the back of Lucy, little did I know she wasnt a Steelers fan. :shock: Call me crazy, but its been very nice weather here for a few days now. I know I didnt turn on the rear wiper. I was installing the decal, had it all lined and was pushing out the air bubbles when my phone started ringing, I left in the car, so I opened the door and grabbed my phone. Next thing I hear is the rear wiper tossing and scraping my logo off. :!: :shock: Guess I wont talk sports around her.....

Now the Toyota Yaris driving lady at the gas pump...

I see her getting gas, she's admiring the Mini and basically washing her car with the windsheild cleaner.... :roll:
Her: She asks me what kinda gas mileage it gets....
Me: I'm averaging about 26mpg, but I drive it only in the city as a pizza delivery driver...how about you?
Her: Im getting 23ish in the city, but its really nice to have cheap fill ups.
Me: Really? Whats it cost to fill it up?
Her: between 30-35
Me: Great, me too, but mine takes premium only, but still *look back at the pump* $34.19 isnt terrible once every week, I had a Silverado that was $85 at LEAST once a week.
Her: Why do you use premium?! Thats expensive gas...
Me: (and I really was waiting the entire conversation for this moment), Yes, its 91 only because its not really an econobox...its a supercharged 6 speed go kart on steriods that just looks small and fuel efficient....I really enjoy driving the twisties with it at double the recommended corner speed, K96 offramp at 85 mph is a blast too...

The look on her face...priceless. She went on to tell me how she has a hard time getting on to 54 highway when there's cars in the right lane. :roll:
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: I had some fun yestderday. Garages. Gas fillup Yaris Owner.

Post by kenshin138 »

We used to have a Yaris sedan and a Yaris hatchback. Pretty slow.

Our Fit is about the same. :P
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Hey look MINIDAVE-- a large garage. Perfect for doing MOD's.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Wouldn't THAT be nice? :wink: 8)
Last edited by Minidave on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
79cutlas

Post by 79cutlas »

Any time you're ready bring it on! If you guys want to use my garage we can work that out, if its more than likely a weekend let me know a week in advnace and I'll take the weekend off. A road trip to Wichita and a case of soda is all thats needed.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I thought all garages were big as long as you don't park anything bigger than a MINI in it :) I know mine grew several feet when i got LaDonna!
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
79cutlas

Post by 79cutlas »

minicoopers43 wrote:I thought all garages were big as long as you don't park anything bigger than a MINI in it :) I know mine grew several feet when i got LaDonna!

Well MY garage is indeed too small for me...

I have 2 motorcycles, a Mini, and a Mazda 6. With the Fridge, 52" TV, Tools, 8 Nitro R/C cars, stove, and all my other stuff its just not big enough. Next house will have at least a 40x40 outbuilding with a 3 car attached.

My plans are to do a 40x40 with 20' ceilings to get the lift in there, along with a bike lift. On the top level I want to build a bar, come out 20 feet from the back wall and do a balcony area with the pool table, projector, and the bar. That way I can have friends over and not have to worry about trashing the house.

In this garage I've had my mini truck, wifes G6, Triumph, and my full size Silverado 4 door.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

And then it will be full again! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

small house, big garage nuff said.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

79cutlas wrote:
minicoopers43 wrote:I thought all garages were big as long as you don't park anything bigger than a MINI in it :) I know mine grew several feet when i got LaDonna!

Well MY garage is indeed too small for me...

I have 2 motorcycles, a Mini, and a Mazda 6. With the Fridge, 52" TV, Tools, 8 Nitro R/C cars, stove, and all my other stuff its just not big enough. Next house will have at least a 40x40 outbuilding with a 3 car attached.

My plans are to do a 40x40 with 20' ceilings to get the lift in there, along with a bike lift. On the top level I want to build a bar, come out 20 feet from the back wall and do a balcony area with the pool table, projector, and the bar. That way I can have friends over and not have to worry about trashing the house.

In this garage I've had my mini truck, wifes G6, Triumph, and my full size Silverado 4 door.
Do you plan to live in the garage too? LOL My garage isn't big enough to fit two Mini's in. :( (Although it would be awesome to have a garage like the one you described)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
79cutlas

Post by 79cutlas »

No, but I thought it would be awesome to build it attached to the upstairs of the house, so when its time for bed my wife can come out in some lingere' and tell me its time to quit working and come inside.... :D

I do spent ALOT of time during the summer in the garage, between tearing apart R/C cars and working on whatever I can get my hands on its nice to be able to watch football, movies, or other crap my wife doesnt care for out there. I kinda wish I would have sprung for the DVR out there, but the regular HD cable box is fne for now.

I told our real estate agent I wanted a garage with attached house....my wife won the debate. Before we bought this place I was REALLY looking at an old gas station right off the highway towards El Dorado. It had a 6 bay garage, 4 lifts and an oil pit. The "retail" side of the station was 3500 sq. foot with the covered awning still over the gas pumps. I told her we could have a 3500 sq ft house! She said no way in hell..

Each bay was 30ft deep and 16 feet wide...had plenty of parking, convinent access right off the main highway and was under $100K.
A buddy I worked with at Hawker Beechcraft just bought an old warehouse in downtown Wichita for $45K...its a 3 story with the top floor being their 10K sq ft living area (will need a TOOON of work to do it), the 2nd floor is going to be "kids" floor with indoor basketball, go kart track and whatever else they want to do, he mentioned paintball, but that sounds like a huge mess. The ground floor will be his shop and hold his bobcat business as well. He got me into ALOT of trouble with alternative housing ideas... I'm thinking he said its gonna cost around $250K total to make it the property he wants it to be, but it should be a kick ass place when he's done.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

See, I would have jumped on the gas station idea too! What a win-win deal...the wife can fix up the 3500 sq ft "house" anyway she wants, and you can do the same with the shop. If it were me, I'd retire and start the Mini repair bidness I talked about once before if I had something like this - what a great idea!

I'm thinking the only place you find stuff like this is in small towns tho, cause i haven't seen a six bay repair shop attached to a gas station anywhere in KC in many years, or even a three bay.....

In Desoto, where I work, a local guy bought the abandoned old building that had been the local Ford dealership, what an ideal spot to set up your hobby shop - which is exactly what he did!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
79cutlas

Post by 79cutlas »

In some small towns you can buy the old schools, firehouses, ect...and relatively cheap! If there's one withing even a decent driving distance its not a bad thing to look into.
monza

Post by monza »

79cutlas wrote: I have 2 motorcycles, a Mini, and a Mazda 6. With the Fridge, 52" TV, Tools, 8 Nitro R/C cars, stove, and all my other stuff its just not big enough. Next house will have at least a 40x40 outbuilding with a 3 car attached.
I have a 1957 2-car garage. Amazingly I fit a 62 Mini, 03 MINI, Saturn Vue, two Vespas, my big tool cabinet, and have a 4x6 utility trailer hanging from the ceiling ... its tight in there, but all fits :lol: