Where to go for body work?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Where to go for body work?

Post by ddmini »

Our daughter backed into the Clubman last night and both cars are going to need some minor repairs. Her rear bumper cover will have to be replaced and my front bumper cover, grill surround, and head light ring will have to be replaced and the hood straightened I have not had any body work done in 20 years and the last place I went to is out of business. Anyone have recommendations on a good place, around Independence would be great but not necessary?

David
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Where to go for body work?

Post by ksminiman »

carstar is always good. google search for nearest location
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Butler's C & D Body Shop does excellent work. They are a certified BMW repair shop and Baron even sends cars there. http://www.butlerbody.com They are located in Shawnee North of Johnson and just West of I35. They did very good work on mine when I had it. Johnna has also used them I believe.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Classic Paint and Collision Inc. In Lee's Summit off 291 Hwy by QT
(816) 525-7380

My mom used them first for her subaru outback fender bender. Then i have been there for a few vehicles as well including my first mini, Ken replaced a fender and a bumper and it looked amazing. You might get a discount if you mention my name since i've been there so many times.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Eveland Bros always did 1st class work for me, that's where MBZ/Jaguar/Lexus takes their cars.....

OTOH dimini had Butler do similar work on his car last year and was happy with the results.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Laurie is right--I've used Butler's. I've also used Eveland Bros.

I trust Butler's implicitly. They have a MINI in the family, which is nice. My work at Butler's has always been done on time, if not earlier. Their paint work is exceptional. If it applies, you might ask for the club discount. In the past, they have extended the discount they offer to the BMW club to us as well.

At Eveland Bros., they were really nice and I was pleased with the work, however I did have to return due to a run in the paint. I did not immediately notice it but it was pointed out by a car show judge. :oops: They did repair the problem quickly and were very apologetic about it.

Poor Kat! Any chance of having Parking Distance Control installed on her car while it's in for repair?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

I have also used C & D Butler. Would recommend them.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
monza

Post by monza »

Butlers...
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Plenty of good shops around, but I like to go to someone who takes a little personal pride in their work, and not these big cookie cutter shops that like to nickel and dime the insurance companies and leave you hangin'. It's happened to me to many times.

I take my stuff to a custom car shop called "1 of a kind paint." Yeah, it's a custom shop, but he doesn't over charge, does good work, takes pride in it, and works with insurance companies as well. Have gotten a lot of work done there myself.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I ended up taking both cars to Eveland Bros. They are estimating 3 to 4 weeks for the MINI and 2 days for the Kia. It looks like pretty much everything in front is getting replaced. They said it will take a new hood, head lights, fog lights, grill, bumper and cover, all the chromed plastic pieces and the black trim. They also think the radiator support may have broken but won't know until they take it apart.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
David & Debra
MINI-me

Post by MINI-me »

I just had my '02 MSC bumper, radiator support, etc. replaced at Eveland Bros. Overall I give them a two thumbs up. Their attention to detail is close to impeccable. I was most concerned about them being able to match the Electric Blue paint on an eight year old car. They nailed it!
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

They called today and the car should be ready by the middle of next week. The odd thing to me is that it is the headlights that are holding things up. The hood and other parts all came within a week but somehow the headlights were wrong and it has taken over a week and replacements are still not there.
David & Debra
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Eveland Bros did a great job. I think the bonnet fits better than the original did :D

David & Debra
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Looks great, glad you are happy with their work. they've done work on three of my family's cars unfortunately, and every job was first class and nearly perfect.

Oh, I like the plates! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Sooo pretty. Love lightening blue/ black. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

Wow! Nice stripes. :wink:
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

sundance wrote:Wow! Nice stripes. :wink:
Yea, I know a guy who does a great job on that kind of thing :D
David & Debra
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Lowered Clubbies rock! :mrgreen: