April 10 and 11, 2nd Annual Titanic All Brit Show, Branson

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

April 10 and 11, 2nd Annual Titanic All Brit Show, Branson

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

This information was passed along by Walt Reid of Branson, owner of a 2010 Clubman.

April 10 & 11-- 2nd Annual Titanic all British show in Branson, MO at the Titanic museum.

The show celebrates the anniversary of the Titanic sailing (she went down on April 14th, 1912) at the Titanic museum in Branson, MO. There is NO entry fee, and each participant will receive two free passes to the museum (which is very interesting).

There will be food available (with those proceeds going to charity), with plenty of food options withing walking distance.

A Best of show will be decided by the participants, and a People's Choice Award will be decided by having a donation box in front of each car, with all that money going to charity as well.

Security will be provided if you wish to leave your car on the lot overnight.

Please let us know who is coming, as it will determine the layout in the parking lot.
Contact Kristina Hagey (kristina@titanicbranson.com) to register.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: April 10 and 11, 2nd Annual Titanic All Brit Show, Branson

Post by Minidave »

You know, we've been talking about doing a weekend style club run, with lots of over the road events, maybe something could be tied together with one of these events. The Ozarks in April can be very pretty and the weather should be perfect other than a chance for rain....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Minidave wrote:You know, we've been talking about doing a weekend style club run, with lots of over the road events, maybe something could be tied together with one of these events. The Ozarks in April can be very pretty and the weather should be perfect other than a chance for rain....
Love your idea, Dave! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Wow...am I in day trip'n heaven or whatttt. I emailed for more information. Shouldn't have a problem with making this one for the day or maybe even stay overnight...we'll see. Kay
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

So would we meet on the 9th and drive down that evening, or head down Saturday morning?
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

A member of the gobmc called me about club info. They said this event is still a go and the email contact listed may take a while to respond. Just FYI.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hmmm, I think we need more details about the show to decide how many days and so on......

My general thoughts are to drive down - hitting some great Ozark twisties along the way, do the museum and such, have a nice dinner, then hit some great roads on the way home again the next day.

I think it's about a 4hr drive one way, depending on how many side roads we head off on.....so, an 8 am departure would put us in Branson for lunch, allowing us to do the museum and show on the afternoon, or just go see the sites of Branson. Meet up again for dinner/drinks/parte' and then breakfast and hit the road in the am. We'd probably get more participants on a Sat/Sun ride than a Fri/Sat, just cause some folks have to work....

We could take a little longer route back again if we wanted to do some leaf peeping along the way, they should be really coming out by then...

Just some general thoughts here......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

I received an email back from the women at the Titanic. She attached form's that need to be filled out and sent in if you want to have your car in the show. We will be leaving wee hour's of the morn and planning on returning that night. Car show begin's at 9 am. Guess we'll hop local transit and tour around. Staying over night is an option... just depend's how tired we are by the evening. Let us know if any of you are also leaving wee hour's that morn and/or entering the show too.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Hey gang,
I spoke to Kristina at the Titanic today; she is really wanting folks to contact her if they are coming. Mostly so she will know how much parking lot to block off. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: April 10 and 11, 2nd Annual Titanic All Brit Show, Brans

Post by Minidave »

Walt, sorry, I'm not going to make this run after all, something's come up......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
tdiguy

Post by tdiguy »

Our poor little Clubman is at Eveland and will be for long after the 10th/11th. My wife had a silly teenager in a BMW convertible pull out without looking....and, actually the car handled the crash very nicely. But we are driving a Toyota Corolla right now. Can we still participate if we are temporarily without a British car?
Walt

Post by Walt »

The show was great; we had 22 cars on Saturday (including Kay and Tilly!)with 14 on Sunday. It was a fun time; put it on your calendars for next year. Unfortunately our Clubman was in Tulsa with Beth, so I took the E-type and the MGB. Hope to see some more of you in Chanute on May 15th, and at our GOBMC show July 24th.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Loved the cap we got included in the guest package. Just happen's to be my favorite color, RED. Had a great time touring the museum and meeting everyone.