Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
LiLReD1

Re: Was That You....

Post by LiLReD1 »

Seeing more out this way! But I doubt they're on the forum.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

hahahaaa... wunittt meeee.. remember, i don't do freeway's or back-up..according to hubby...roflmao.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Was waved at tonight, as in didn't initiate the wave!!!, around 7:30 tonight on Holmes near the Gladstone Community Center. PW MCS with black bonnet stripes. Don't know much more about the car as I was shocked by the wave! :shock:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tonight around 6:15 I pulled up beside a snazzy blue JCW MCS at Conistor and 152 in Liberty. And there were waves exchanged. It was a good day...
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I may get my Clubby back from Eveland Bros tomorrow, so I'll be back to waving again soon..... :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Seeing a lot more MINI's around base. Anyone? Anyone? There's a sweet lookin' blue R53 with white top, tint, and chrome crown spokes in JC. Very sharp car! May take a pic of her.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

I'v seen several mini's lately but only one waved back at me. It was a few week's ago at Roe/119th at a signal. We were both turning left. What's up with that!!! gezzz, make's me feel so unloved....lol
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I saw mini Dave on northbound I435 near the legends.:) I was in my mini going south
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Tonight?

I was on my way to the Jason's Deli "Sonic" Thursday night meet up!

I saw you and waved, but with dark tinted windows and highway speeds it's hard to tell if someone sees you....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Minidave wrote:Tonight?

I was on my way to the Jason's Deli "Sonic" Thursday night meet up!

I saw you and waved, but with dark tinted windows and highway speeds it's hard to tell if someone sees you....
Yeah I waved too but I was in the passenger seat. David and I were on our way to work.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
tdiguy

Post by tdiguy »

My vest doesn't have a Mini logo (though I'd put it on if I had one), but all you Miniacs driving around in JoCo, when you see a bearded fat guy on a blue bike with a white vest (in summer) or yellow jacket (in winter) that is I. Beep or wave!

Jim Clark
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

What a happy night of MINI sightings last night...

LY MCc, top down, going west on Gregory, I was going east, turinng onto Wornall about 7:35. You turned way around in your seat to give me a big ol' wave. It felt like 2006 in the MINIverse when folks actually waved at each other!

And then about 7:40 a PW MCSc, top down, going south on Wornall around Westover. I was going north. You had a full load of 4 and were surely too busy managing all of those passengers to wave at me. But I waved at you anyway. :P

Friday was a great night for being topless. :lol:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw an Oxy Blue in Liberty tonight so I left them a card. :)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a dark silver/ silver clubbie today going south on 435 and a Mini Club member (who's name and screen name I can't remember right now :cry: ). Was in the xB but I waved at Mini club member :) (Grrr..bugs me I can't remember his name)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

How about we pick an evening/night and a small section of town where we all just drive around and wave at each other to get our wave counts up?! Whoever gets the most waves, wins! We can all start somewhere, make pre-designate boundaries, and go our seperate directions and see how many of us we bump into in 30 minutes or so. :D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LiLReD1 wrote:How about we pick an evening/night and a small section of town where we all just drive around and wave at each other to get our wave counts up?! Whoever gets the most waves, wins! We can all start somewhere, make pre-designate boundaries, and go our seperate directions and see how many of us we bump into in 30 minutes or so. :D
LOVE this idea! Would you like to coordinate the club's October gathering? I think you are on to something with this! :D
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

We just might! Ha ha... I'll see what I can do.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LY MC at 17th and Broadway today....Sorry I didn't wave back at you--I was spacing out waiting for the light and kinda shocked to see someone sticking their arm out the window to wave at me. Always nice to see a LY and super nice when someone waves! I'll wave back next time, promise. Same time, same place next Monday? :lol:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw Stub-e today! :) Stopped and talked for a bit.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Walnuts

Post by Walnuts »

Waved at a bunch of minis tonight with my car topper on. Not one wave back for Pizza drivers :(
Walnuts

Post by Walnuts »

Got waved at by a yellow mini around 4:45 tonight they were pulling out of the mid American Nazarene university and I was going south on black bob.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Saw CDecker's MINI yesterday at Zona Rosa :)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Dark Blue classic with GB on the back and KC plates this evening at Arby's at Corinth? Still learning who the local classic owners are.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I was zipping down North Oak on Sunday afternoon and saw 2 very clean red MINIs sitting out in front of the car wash and got a big wave from both owners. Naturally, I had to turn around and say HI to LilRed1 and Allison. ( Both were polite enough not to mention how grubby my MINI was).
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Marlow Main wrote:I was zipping down North Oak on Sunday afternoon and saw 2 very clean red MINIs sitting out in front of the car wash and got a big wave from both owners. Naturally, I had to turn around and say HI to LilRed1 and Allison. ( Both were polite enough not to mention how grubby my MINI was).
Was good to see you! We were hopin' you'd turn around and come back to say hey, and you did! We were actually complimenting what you've done to your MINI after you left. Looks good!