Clutch Problem

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
rarerover

Clutch Problem

Post by rarerover »

So I have been working this crazy schedule and I jump in my classic mini to blow off some steam and the clutch pedal goes to the floor and sticks there. When I say it sticks I mean I can not budge it. I am asking for some guidence. I ordered a shop manuel from Mini mania but any help from my fellow club members would sure be welcome.
Thanks
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Clutch Problem

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I've heard of this problem before but I don't remember the fix for it :cry: I'll have to go search through NAM to find it. (BTW, you might be waiting a while for that shop manual from Mini Mania...)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Call the guys at Mini Seven and see what they have to say about it. I use them pretty regularly.

Mini Seven - http://www.7ent.com/
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/fo ... blems.html

Here's one thread that might help... I don't know much about manuals, my Classic is an automatic..
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Depends, is it a cable clutch or a hydraulic?

These cars are not complicated to work on, however they are hard to work on - as in they're so dang small it's hard to scrunch yourself into the areas you need to to get to some parts. If it's a cable clutch, it's probably a broken cable. If it's hydraulic, it could be several things - but if the pedal's stuck down I'm betting on a linkage problem between the pedal and the master cylinder - and to see that you practically have to stand on your head under the dash. It might turn out to be easier if you remove the driver's seat first, it's only held by two bolts at the front.

Take a look and tell us what you see, or even better - post up a pic!

What part of town is the car in? I might be able to run by and take a peek at it for you.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

If MiniMania is typically slow getting your manual to you, you are welcome to browse the one here. Want me to bring it to the Sonic gathering or send it with someone? (Not sure I can be there yet...)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
rarerover

Post by rarerover »

Thanks to everyone for the quick response. I will see if the manual shows up this week. If not I just might take you up on the offer.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I'm not a big fan of Mini Mania... The first time I ordered something from them it took them 10 days to ship something with 3 day shipping I paid a bunch of money for.... And I tried them again to see if it was a one time thing...nope. Took about as long. So I buy everything now from GB Car Parts (www.gbcarparts.com) unless I can only find it at Mini Mania.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
rarerover

Post by rarerover »

Thank you all again for the help. I spoke to a gentleman a 7 enterprise and we diagnosed it over the phone. The green goblin is up and running. I did get my service manuel from Mini mania did'nt need it but at least now I have it.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I am glad you got it up and running!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC