Just got my MINI!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Just got my MINI!

Post by Baron Ken »

Hi all. I just got my Clubman last night! :) :ps:

Pure Silver with silver roof and silver c-pillars.

9th floor view!
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Just got my MINI!

Post by Minidave »

Nice, I like the monochromatic look!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Mmmmmmm......silvery sweetness.........

I'm diggin' it! Very cool.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Congrats on your new clubby and welcome to the club.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Thanks all.

I need to figure out what graphics I want, but I'm not in a hurry. I'll check out some stripes that others are sporting and maybe that will inspire me. :)
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
MINI-me

Post by MINI-me »

Nice ride Baron Ken. I hear silver is the most popular car color. Thankfully you got a MINI. At least you'll stand out from the crowd :ps: :ps: :ps: :ps: :ps: :mrgreen:
BTW: Are you planning to drive the epic Mini-Takes-The-States (MTTS) road rally and festival? A number of us from the club are going. I hope you can join the fun! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2054
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Need more silver MINI's.

Not that I am biased. :P
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

MINI-me wrote:BTW: Are you planning to drive the epic Mini-Takes-The-States (MTTS) road rally and festival? A number of us from the club are going. I hope you can join the fun!
Unfortunately, no. Having just recently heard about it, I didn't have enough time to schedule it in.

I think I'll take a half-day off from work on Wed. Aug. 11 and go check out the gathering though. :)
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

It's kinda funny to see a "single-colored" car to be something different... but in the MINI crowd, it is, and it looks really good! I'd like to see it with black C-pillars for a total blacked out mid-section/window look.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

sweet looking all in one color! welcome from Detroit!
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hey Ksminiman, you're going to have to give us a full report on your internship at Ford this summer!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

ksminiman, you working in Detroit proper or a suburb? I used to work in Auburn Hills for Dayco doing research on power steering systems up until 2006 when I came to KS.
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

My GoBadge came in today with my first badge! :D
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Minidave wrote:Hey Ksminiman, you're going to have to give us a full report on your internship at Ford this summer!
Dave, I will be sure to give a full report. It has been an awesome experience! There is plenty to tell.
Baron Ken wrote:ksminiman, you working in Detroit proper or a suburb? I used to work in Auburn Hills for Dayco doing research on power steering systems up until 2006 when I came to KS.
I work in Allen Park at the Ford Technical Hotline. It is right off of Southfield Hwy and Oakwood Blvd. I am staying just south in Southgate. Where did you live? I have been through Auburn Hills a number of times. Nice area.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

ksminiman wrote:I work in Allen Park at the Ford Technical Hotline. It is right off of Southfield Hwy and Oakwood Blvd. I am staying just south in Southgate. Where did you live? I have been through Auburn Hills a number of times. Nice area.
I lived in Grand Blanc, up near Flint. Was a long commute and if I would have had a MINI at the time, it would have been more bearable. ;)
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Took my Clubman in this morning to get the bluetooth/iPod accessory installed and got a loner car, a Clubman S.

I now know why I avoided test driving the Cooper S (since I couldn't afford the additional expense). The S has some power!

I love my Clubman, but I can picture trading up to a S sometime in the future. ;)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

For 90% of what I drive (40 mile commute to work) the justa-Clubman would be fine, but for the other 10% - there is no substitute!

When we went to South Dakota last May with the Denver Club, a Justa would have been struggling in those mtns, same with this summer's trip to Colorado - at 9,000 ft elevation the Justa would be gasping for breath - but the turbo and supercharged engines hardly notice the change since the forced induction makes up for the lack of air. Of course this is true for all naturally aspirated engines.....

However, once you've had an S, it's hard to go back...... :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Don't go drive a JCW then... what you feel an S is to a JCW, I feel the JCW is to the S. No going back now! Yet the fun factor is there in all the MINI's one way or another, so it's mostly a moot point.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Baron Ken wrote:Took my Clubman in this morning to get the bluetooth/iPod accessory installed
You can get that installed at the dealer??
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:You can get that installed at the dealer??
Yes, but not cheaply, it was $1100 for parts and install!! :shock: :cry:

It works great with my iPhone 4 and I'm happy with it so far. I've only tried 1 hands-free bluetooth call and my wife said it didn't sound so good, so I will probably do this easy mod -- How to: move the Bluetooth microphone from the passenger side to the driver side.

I want a mount for my iPhone and am thinking about fabricating one similar to the Cravenspeed FlexPod.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Yer right about that mic, I need to just buckle down and do that mod myself, it's to easy to do.
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Baron Ken wrote:I've only tried 1 hands-free bluetooth call and my wife said it didn't sound so good, so I will probably do this easy mod -- How to: move the Bluetooth microphone from the passenger side to the driver side.
Went to do this and found the mic already on the driver side. I re-paired the bluetooth but haven't tried a call since doing so. Hope it's better.
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

My Clubman had a small ding/chip/nick/whatever on the roof when I got it and Baron MINI agreed to have it fixed. Took it in this week and they sent it out to get fixed. I thought it was just going to be simple touch-up, but it seems they are repainting the whole roof just to fix the nick. :shock:
I didn't receive the email that they were going to do that in time to stop them, but I didn't really want them to spend all the resources to get the roof repainted for just the one small nick. :(

In any case, thanks to Baron MINI for going the extra mile to get it fixed and please the customer!
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Update:

Was told Samer went over to check out the roof paint job and there was a visible 'line', so the body shop is painting the roof again. Body shop said it was a sprayer malfunction or something.

Hope there are no issues with multiple layers of paint.

In the meantime, the courtesy car they gave me is different in every way from my Clubman except the paint color. ;)
It's a convertible Cooper S with automatic transmission. Fun to drive and the weather right now makes the convertible a blast! Wanting my Clubbie back though. ;)
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

4 months into ownership, I'm at 5400 miles and just did my first oil change this weekend. Was cold outside, but thankfully no wind. The oil change itself wasn't too difficult, but it was my first experience with an oil canister and my first MINI DIY maintenance. :)

Question: where do you put jack stands? I found the jacking point receptacles on each side, but wasn't sure where I could put a jack stand under there and didn't want to damage anything. Thanks.