HELP, Please -- multiple lamps on

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniBrit

HELP, Please -- multiple lamps on

Post by MiniBrit »

Hi. I have a 2006 S. A couple of weeks ago, my brake pad lamp came on. I was told that I had about 1,000 miles before they would absolutely have to be replaced. I've got an appt. w/Charlie Williams in March. As I was headed into work today, my Automatic Stability Control & Traction ASC lamp came on, continuously. The Owner's Manual states, "ASC has been deactivated at the button or is malfunctioning. Have the system checked ASAP." THEN, my flat tire lamp came on. I threw away my run flats and have brand new Michelin tires that I've now had for about 3 1/2 weeks. Is my car falling apart??? We've got a big storm (or so 'they' say) coming in. I'm wondering if I need to get my car somewhere immediately. I've not yet tried turning the car on & off, then pressing the flat tire warning button. I can do that on my lunch hour. Any suggestions, help or advice are appreciated.

Cheers,

P.J. (MiniBrit)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: HELP, Please -- multiple lamps on

Post by Minidave »

Bad wheel speed sensor, probably left front - that's not too uncommon and is easy to fix. Charlie will know what to do, and it's easy to do while he has the brakes off.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniBrit

Post by MiniBrit »

Hey, Dave. Nice to meet you. So, with my other lamps on, am I okay to wait until I see Charlie on 21st March?? Thanks much for your help. I'm just trying to calm down!! :) I'm looking forward to having Charlie look at & fix it.

Cheers,

P.J.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, I'd make sure you don't have a flat tire, but other than that - from your description, you should be OK till your appointment.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniBrit

Post by MiniBrit »

Okay. Thanks, again, for your help! It's appreciated.

P.J. (MiniBrit)
saturn

Post by saturn »

The Tire pressure monitors might just need to be reset. Mine on my 07 go off about 2-3 times in the winter due to the temp changes. I dunno about the 1st gen's, but on the 2nd gens, if you go thru the computer settings it tells you if the TPMS's are active or not.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

the 02-06 cars use an indirect tire monitor system which counts tire revolutions versus the 07+ cars which uses an actual pressure sensor in all 4 tires.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.