First Repairs

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
US_Army_Soldier

First Repairs

Post by US_Army_Soldier »

I have just completed my first repairs on my Mini. The power steering went out while I was deployed and our cooper was stuck in the garage after her trip to Baron. After 1 month of the pump being in for "rebuild" from O'Reillys and unable to "get the parts" my new OEM pump is in the coop and ran around the block just fine. Next test will be to take it to work in the AM. (only 2 miles) and then for it to run the freeway and we will be to HPT in the coop to spectate on wednesday.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: First Repairs

Post by Minidave »

Good job. Make sure the cooling fan for the power steering pump is working, that can cause the pump to quit on you too. They also make an inexpensive screen or cover to keep debris out of the fan, when they first came out thay had problems with the fan getting locked up due to road klag getting into it, some would blow the fuse, others would burn the harness!
As long as the fan is moving freely, you're good to go...

See you at HPT tomorrow!

Weather's looking good, although a little chilly for spectators - dress warmly.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
US_Army_Soldier

Re: First Repairs

Post by US_Army_Soldier »

I replaced the fan as well as the power steering pump. We also had a problem with the Cooling fan "stage 1" not working correctly so that was replaced as well. The pump went in much easier then I had anticipated the only difficult part was being able to manuever underneath the car. I will look into the screen you were talking about so I dont have to replace that fan again.