Rally for the Lane

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Rally for the Lane

Post by Minidave »

The Lane Museum is a collection of about 330 eclectic and unusual cars in Nashville, Tn.
This is the second annual rally to benefit the Museum, it's also a chance to drive something you'll never see on the roads - let alone drive - on a gimmick rally thru the beautiful Tennessee countryside. The rally stops at the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg for a tour and hosted lunch, then it's back on the country roads again to the Museum. There's also a dinner afterwards if you choose to go.

The list of cars available to be driven changes each year, but they choose about 40 cars and you take your choice from the list by reserving on with a deposit. Each car requires a donation, which depends on whether you're 4 in a car or 2, only 2 drivers per car are allowed.

This year, I'll be driving this...

Don't know what it is? Ha!

Here's a link to the Museum and the rally itself, Nashville is only a 9hr drive, so it's easily do-able in one day to get there.

Check it out! Lots of interesting cars still available, including a one-off Simca roadster that was given to Bridgett Bardot!

http://lanemotormuseum.org/

http://lanemotormuseum.org/rally-for-the-lane

It's the best that communism could build in 1958 - it has a rear mounted, 100 hp air cooled V-8 and seats six - it's a Czechoslavakian made Tatra 603

2.5 liter, air cooled rear mounted Hemi V-8!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
LiLReD1

Re: Rally for the Lane

Post by LiLReD1 »

This would be totally cool! I'm down for next year when I get back!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Friday a friend and I left together from KC and caravaned down to Nashville for this event - here is John and his supercharged Roush 427.....the fellow standing on the other side of the car is Bruce, who will be piloting the Tatra with me. The Roush is really fast, and sounds awesome!
Attachments
IMG_1306R.jpg
IMG_1306R.jpg (100.94 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Here the cars we'll be driving are lined up at the Lane museum, ready for us to hit the road. Bruce and I in the red Tatra 603 and our other three guys in the orange Citroen DS21 rally car parked next to the mighty Tatra..... I'll have a lot more pics and even some video of us tooling along the country lanes tomorrow!

Watch this space!
Attachments
IMG_1314R.jpg
IMG_1314R.jpg (94.55 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

These cars are so cool/eccentric. What a fun way to experience them.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up