BMW/MINI Diagnostics

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Punk_Mini

BMW/MINI Diagnostics

Post by Punk_Mini »

No need to make an appointment at the dealer and have to pay for diagnostics. I have purchased the BMW DIS v32/SSS v57 software (includes: clearing adaptations, CAN trouble codes, OBDII codes, turn off air bag lights, code parts like speedo, tach, radio, etc; reset service counter) if its something the dealer can do on the computer I can do it. I will be learning the software when I receive it.

Now here is the question how much do you pay each time you have to take your car to the dealer diagnostics if your a DIY kind of person and out of warranty?
bradg33

Re: BMW/MINI Diagnostics

Post by bradg33 »

I'm looking at buying the same thing. Where did you get the software (ebay)? Also, what cable (and from where) did you buy?
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

The only problem with this is you living in the middle of Kansas and the rest of us don't.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
bradg33

Post by bradg33 »

minicoopers43 wrote:The only problem with this is you living in the middle of Kansas and the rest of us don't.
If I get one (which I'm quite close to), I'll be in Olathe... :)
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

From a quick google search it looks like this software is around $600. Is it really worth that much to you ?
I would rather spend $600 on go fast goodies but I suppose to each his own.

Unless your 05 R53 was meticulously maintained or has low miles then I bet you could easily spend $600 on maintenance.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
bradg33

Post by bradg33 »

minicoopers43 wrote:From a quick google search it looks like this software is around $600. Is it really worth that much to you ?
I would rather spend $600 on go fast goodies but I suppose to each his own.

Unless your 05 R53 was meticulously maintained or has low miles then I bet you could easily spend $600 on maintenance.
It's much, much, much cheaper on eBay.
bradg33

Post by bradg33 »

Got the cable and software generally running. DIS works, but I don't know how to use it. SSS, the module coding program, isn't playing nice with my cable yet, but I'll get it there.