Mountain Biking in KC

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Mountain Biking in KC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Does anybody else hit up the local mountain bike trails? I have been going to Landahl park every Tuesday and Thursday, unfortunately I'm usually by myself because my friends/coworkers usually bail. If anybody wants to join let me know. I"m up for going to any of the local trails.
mini  bike.jpg
mini bike.jpg (184.67 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Mountain Biking in KC

Post by Minidave »

Since I live on the other side of KC from you, I usually ride the Mill Creek trails, you can start in Shawnee Mission Park and ride to Nelson Island on the edge of the Kansas river, or you can go south out to south Olathe, lots of terrain variation and most of it is a very pretty ride.

Unfortunately, my knees won't let me ride much anymore.

I did most of a year on my bicycle thru Europe when I was a younger lad, loved almost every minute of it too!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Hey Clint,

I usually ride either Smithville Lake or Stocksdale in Liberty. I usually ride on Wednesday nights, there is a group ride at Smithville of Earthriders. You should check out the forum, earthriders.com. I have ridden Landahl a couple of times, would lie to again. I sometimes can get out on Thursdays so maybe we can get together to ride. Drop me a PM when you wanna go.

John Perry
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'm riding my mountain bike 2-4 times per week but not on a regular schedule. I'm located in Westport so any singletrack ride requires an hour roundtrip in the car. For time management, I usually ride urban with slick tires (not a fraction as fun as singletrack, though. When I have time for driving out to a starting point, I typically ride out south at Minor Park. I've never been to Landahl. Is that out east near Lake City Ammo plant?

I also get tired of riding by myself--it would be fun to hit the trails with a couple of other riders. PM me too, maybe we get our scheds to match up for a few fall trail rides!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

I'm probably riding up at Smithville tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Let me know.
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

My evenings are booked this week so I'm doing runs/rides on the fly this week as I can fit the schedules.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Once I get better at riding my bike I'd like to ride with some other people. :) I've got a hybrid bike so no mountain biking for me.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000