Sporting KC

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
LMH

Sporting KC

Post by LMH »

Scott & I went to a Sporting KC soccer game this last weekend and saw a mini decorated up in Sporting KC gear! =)
Attachments
2011 Soccer 028.jpg
2011 Soccer 028.jpg (75.75 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
2011 Soccer 027.jpg
2011 Soccer 027.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Sporting KC

Post by Minidave »

Wow, someone's a fan!

At first glance I thought it might be a player's car or maybe a coach's, but I think it's more likely just a rabid fan...we have some of those for the Chiefs too. 8)

Anyone know what Sporting SC means? Sporting Soccer Club maybe?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

The SC on the logo shield stands for Sporting Club. At least that was what I was told when I bought my season tickets.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Sporting sporting club? :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Across the top of the shield is Kansas City Sporting (see the shield on the bonnet). The division down the center of the shield is supposed to represent the state line. Sporting Club (the SC) is supposed to signify that you are a member of a club that is more than just a soccer club because they have more events at the stadium than just soccer games. Too much info, I know.
Last edited by Hagar46 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

No, no at all! I wondered about all that.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Call me a simpleton, but I think their branding is a confusing hodgepodge. I like shield's graphics, but the lettering is confusing. You can barely see "Kansas City" and everytime I see the logo, I think Sporting South Carolina. Additionally, there's an pre-existing "club" in Kansas City that shares similar letters-- the Kansas City Sports Commission (Kansas City SC... just like on the soccer team's shield).

My silly rants aside, watching soccer at the LiveStrong stadium is lots of fun. Its a spectacular event space and the soccer team is fab!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up