Brakes! Git'cher Brakes here!

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Brakes! Git'cher Brakes here!

Post by dimini »

bradg33 wrote:Got my water pump changed out. One hell of a job, but it's done.
Yep, been there and done that. I think that procedure is one better-suited to a smaller crowd and few distractions.
Congrats!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Minidave wrote:Well, actually, the club did buy the one we have, on my recomendation.....and it sucks!

So I thought I'd buy the replacement.....having done one now, it's obvious there are better tools available that maybe weren't when I (we) bought the one we have now.

The one I'm going to get is the one that Way uses - from Craven Speed - and a couple of people who bought their pulley kit from Way have used it and it works....although it's a bit more expensive ($70 vs $50) than the Alta we got before it's much simpler and easier to use.

Appreciate the offer!
Hey Dave, as much as the club uses your garage and tools, I think the club could help out on this. Or if not directly for this, for "misc. shop supplies" or something?
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It's OK by me! :mrgreen:

I'll go ahead and order the tool because I think we're still going to need it, seems there are still a few people interested in adding a pulley to their mod list. If the club decides to re-imburse me that's fine - either way. While the tool the club has now works, it's a PITA compared to the newer ones like I posted, having the right tool makes the job so much easier and offers less chance for other problems to crop up too....if anyone can think of some other tools or equipment we should have, let me know. Might as well order them all at once.

We need to have a shop day and get MiniMax's hitch installed too, plus I heard there was another member needing a hitch install - plus me of course, although I still haven't bought one yet. Maybe setting up a hitch day will get me moving on mine too!

If the nice weather holds, we could get to this soon.

Sunday afternoon I worked on my neice's car, in just a T-shirt, no gloves, sweatshirt or hats, with the garage door wide open! What a difference a day makes.......24 little hours.... :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

BTW, someone left a real nice pair of gloves in my garage, black puffy ones like ski gloves.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
eronning
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by eronning »

I wondered where I left those...
Trash trucks always have the right-of-way.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Remind me to give them to you on the 11th, or feel free to stop by if you need them earlier, tho with the weather we've been having, unless you're headed to the mountains.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"