2011 MINIs at the Market Show

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: 2011 MINIs at the Market Show

Post by davester »

The coordinator can't do the 3rd. of June. Wouldn't seem right if he couldn't come to his own event. Now i'm for July anytime
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I will see if the weekend after the 4th of July is available 8 July, 2012. After that, I just have to pick a date. Sorry Greg but I can't do the 3rd of June but I can book it if it is otherwise good for everyone else.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

S-car-go wrote:I will see if the weekend after the 4th of July is available 8 July, 2012. After that, I just have to pick a date. Sorry Greg but I can't do the 3rd of June but I can book it if it is otherwise good for everyone else.
July 8th is durning Mini Takes The States but I'm not sure how many local people are doing it this year.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

S-car-go wrote:I will see if the weekend after the 4th of July is available 8 July, 2012. After that, I just have to pick a date. Sorry Greg but I can't do the 3rd of June but I can book it if it is otherwise good for everyone else.
OK, sorry I missed the point about you being unavailable on June 3.

I plan to be on MTTS, so I hope to be unavailable on July 8.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

this is only a suggestion.. so don't attack the messenger...lol. surely some people have directtv or whoever else with ipad, android, apple cell phone's with the service to b able to watch football on one or more of those device's. i think most probably have a dvr service with whatever company. by Sept... there may b even more co's that have tv service's for your portable device's. SOOOO... my point is why not one of the Sept date's, probably the latest one at this point, for the meet. may thru aug is obvisously packed with other event's. :D :roll:
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

getsalot wrote:this is only a suggestion.. so don't attack the messenger...lol. surely some people have directtv or whoever else with ipad, android, apple cell phone's with the service to b able to watch football on one or more of those device's. i think most probably have a dvr service with whatever company. by Sept... there may b even more co's that have tv service's for your portable device's. SOOOO... my point is why not one of the Sept date's, probably the latest one at this point, for the meet. may thru aug is obvisously packed with other event's. :D :roll:
Thanks for the suggestions.

If the September dates work for everyone, I encourage the group to speak up and make that commitment.

Personally, I have an obligation as an officer in the other club, so I have an organizational commitment to be there. I would be forced to miss a MINIs at the Market if it occurred in September.

But I am OK with that - please don't make a club decision on the availability of one person.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

o ya, that's right..forgot about your club thing. our schedule changes too much for me to step up and fill in for any event. maybe they need to find another event to get into during late spring or fall time frame's. seem's the summer's n sept is alway's difficult to schedule.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Ok, 8 July is not an available date anyways. The July dates available are 1, 15, 22 and 29 July. What was the issue with 24 June? We could do Art of the Car in conjunction with this event.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

S-car-go wrote:Ok, 8 July is not an available date anyways. The July dates available are 1, 15, 22 and 29 July. What was the issue with 24 June? We could do Art of the Car in conjunction with this event.
Overall, I don't think there is a scheduling issue with June 24.

I think there are concerns with heat, and the proximity to Art of the Car. Some people like to go to Art of the Car early to beat the heat and crowds.

But if that is the best day for everyone, I say go for it.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Fergie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Fergie »

June 3 works for us - count us in! Also planning MTTS in July, our first!
"Fergie" 2011 MINI Cooper S - Ice Blue/White
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Kirk (S-car-go) and I think we have a plan figured out for both MINIs at the Market and the Art of the Car.

Details coming soon.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Sorry was out of the loop for a little bit. Big anniversary celebration yesterday. 19 years whoo hoooo! Our Mini's at the Market event is locked in for 30 Sept, 2012 from 10:00 till 2:00. Details will follow. Ragtopdays can you please give me a new tread? Greg and I will also be working on an Art of the Car Event. This will be the best of both worlds and between the two events should accommodate most members.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

S-car-go wrote:Sorry was out of the loop for a little bit. Big anniversary celebration yesterday. 19 years whoo hoooo! Our Mini's at the Market event is locked in for 30 Sept, 2012 from 10:00 till 2:00. Details will follow. Ragtopdays can you please give me a new tread? Greg and I will also be working on an Art of the Car Event. This will be the best of both worlds and between the two events should accommodate most members.
I have the power to set up Announcement threads, too. Done!
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

You da man!!!! Thanks Greg