MINI's to Richmond, MO Car Rally -Saturday, May 5th, 2012

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINI's to Richmond, MO Car Rally -Saturday, May 5th, 2012

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

WHO: ALL MINI COOPER OWNERS (NEW OR OLD)

WHAT: Car Rally at Richmond, Missouri’s Annual Mushroom Festival
Link: http://www.richmondchamber.org/festival.html

WHEN: SATURDAY MAY 5TH, 2012

WHERE: RICHMOND, MO (40 MILES EAST OF KANSAS CITY) This location is a short drive from
Kansas City and Mid-Missouri, however we encourage all MINI’s through out the state to make the trip to Richmond for this MINI Rally.

TIMETABLE:
8:30 AM-9:00 AM: ARRIVE IN RICHMOND, MO
9:00 AM-12:00 PM: SOCIALIZE- MUSHROOM FESTIVAL ACTIVITES
12:00 PM (NOON) : ORGANIZE FOR MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
12:15 PM: DRIVE TO PARADE LINE-UP
1:00 PM: MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
2:00 PM: RETURN TO RALLY SITE
(STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE OR DEPART AFTER THE PARADE)

WHY: Last October the MINI’s to Macon Car Rally/Show was held in Macon on a Friday and we were able to attract 16 MINI’s to our event. We had a great day and we think everyone enjoyed the exclusive MINI get together. The people in Macon loved the MINI’s in the homecoming parade and I recieved a lot of favorable comments. My sister, Haley (05 Electric Blue S MINI) lives in Richmond and they have a wonderful event called the Mushroom Festival with a parade on Saturday. I want to invite all MINI
owners to participate and give Richmond a special treat with our MINI Pride.

DETAILS: The Mushroom Festival is an annual event that attracts a lot of people and I have heard it is a great event. They start on Thursday evening and conclude on Sunday. They have provided us a area to display our MINI’s next to vendors. There is no cost, just a great time to display our MINI’s and participate in their parade.

MINI PASSION: Hilary Morrissey is a passionate MINI owner. She has attended MINI Cooper shows and events throughout the state as well as hosting the MINI’s to Macon show last October, 2011. The opportunity to get a group of MINI’s together at a fun event seems very appealing, so here we go! Mark Saturday, May 5th, 2012 on your calendar and make the trip to Richmond, Missouri!

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS: Please e-mail Hilary Morrissey at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI.

Got Questions/Comments? Contact Hilary Morrissey at ministomacon@gmail.com
Hope to see you at the Mushroom Festival in Richmond, MO! http://www.ministorichmond.moonfruit.com
Last edited by BlueBerry03MC on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINI's to Richmond, MO Car Rally -Saturday, May 5th, 201

Post by davester »

We are going and I'm sure it will be fun. Besides, who doesn't like a parade??? :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The "Goose" is goin and was wondering where in Richmand we meet.(Need an address for Garmin).-Thanks,Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I already have 8 MINI's already signed up for the rally.
I am in the process of confirming the location of where the MINI's will be at in the Mushroom Festival and where we will be meeting at.
When time gets closer to the event (here in the next couple of weeks) I will post an address and send out e-mail to the people who said that they are coming :]
My name is Hilary
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Today(Mar 31st) Davester and I took a drive to Richmond just to scope the place out and most importantly to look for places to eat. Since I really don't like mushrooms and they are the main theme of the festival I figured I needed to find an alternate sourse of food.We found a place called Kyles Buffet which was quite good and quite reasonable.The drive there on 210 hgwy was good,at least until we got behind the guy pulling a wood chipper. Other than that it was enjoyable.
I hope that we get more than the 8 cars that have signed up to attend.Check out Hilary's post for all the details.Just a note,it took Dave and I about :50 to get there.Let Dave and I know if you'd like to caravan to Richmond.We'll figure out a place to meet up.-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Dear MINI owners and Enthusiasts,

I traveled to Richmond yesterday (Monday, April 10) to finalize the arrangements for the MINI's to Mushroom Festival schedule for Saturday, May 5th, 2012. We have finalized our location and it has great access to all of the Mushroom Fest vendors and activities.

Attached you will find a map that shows where we will be located. Some of the streets around the courthouse will be closed so you will need to take some side streets to get to our location. They are putting us by the Farris Theater on West Main Street. For those who are needing an address for their GPS devices: 301 West Main Richmond MO 64085

The Mushroom festival coordinator advised us that Richmond, MO Mushroom Festival was voted the best festival in Missouri by the Rural Electric Cooperative magazine. There will be over 130 food and craft vendors participating plus local entertainment. A carnival with rides and attractions will also be on site. We are excited about participating in the Mushroom Festival Parade as all the spectators will enjoy those cute MINI Coopers. The Mushroom Festival is named after the edible delights that grow in early spring, however the festival is much more than the morel mushroom.

I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new MINI owners plus having a wonderful day in Richmond.

If you have already confirmed your participation by e-mail I appreciate it very much.
For those of you deciding about traveling to Richmond, Please try to let me know if you can make it by e-mailing me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI.

or visit the website for more information: http://ministorichmond.moonfruit.com/
Richmond, MO Mushroom Festival website: http://www.richmondchamber.org/festival.php

With 3 weeks remaining of the event we have 8-10 MINI's confirmed and hope to get 20 MINI's for the MINI to Mushroom Rally. Please pass this e-mail/forward this on to other MINI owners.

My name is Hilary
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Yum-Yum-- Carnival food & I can't wait. This is going to be a fun day and only a hour away from KC. Who else wants to go to a car show and a parade? :wave:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

The countdown is on and we are at 2 weeks away from MINI's to Mushroom Festival, we are anticipating a good turn out for the MINI Rally in Richmond, MO.
There are a number of people finalizing their plans and looking at the weather forecast for Saturday May 5th. Please email me at your earliest convenient so we can make plans to accommodate everyone. I am excited to attend my first Mushroom Festival as it has been voted the best festival in Missouri by the Rural Electric Cooperative Magazine. I think the parade will be fun as everyone loves to see the MINI Coopers!

Let's show Richmond the MINI Power and have a great turnout.
Please pass this info on to other MINI owners.

Hilary
2003 Indi Blue MINI Cooper
My name is Hilary
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Dear MINI Owners and Enthusiasts,

The MINI's to Mushroom Festival is scheduled for this next weekend and I believe the weather looks favorable. I am very excited and hope there will be addition MINI's that drive in that day. I know all the people in Richmond would love to see a big turn out and a wide variety of MINI's to come to their festival. The Mushroom Festival should be a lot of fun with all of the vendors, booths, and activities that they have planned. If anyone has not confirmed their plans to attend, please email me as I would love to include you in the rally. Please pass the word on to other MINI owners.

To make a reservation: email me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI and where you are coming from.

Hope to see you in Richmond, Missouri on Saturday, May 5th, 2012

Hilary
03 Indi Blue MINI Cooper
http://www.ministorichmond.moonfruit.com
My name is Hilary
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Tomorrow is the rally!! If you are planning/wanting to join us....just show up! All of the details on on this thread.
Can't wait to meet up with everyone! It's going to be a fun day!
My name is Hilary
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

If anyone wants to caravan with Frank and me, we are meeting at Hwy 152 and Green Hills Rd at 7:30am, Sat 5/5 :D

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I had a great time in Richmond today. The parade was very long and my waver is tired. Saw some friends from the Macon trip last year and met new MINIacs as well. Anyway, maybe next year more of the KC folks can join the merriment. We had 11 MINIs and one mini --- it was fun! :wave:

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Cheeky

Post by Cheeky »

We had a great time there and the food was excellent...the parade was great except for the guy up front waving to each person on the parade route !!!! No wonder his waver was tired !! ha

Hope we have another one soon as Teresa and I had a great time meeting everyone.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I want to thank everyone of you that attended the Mushroom Festival MINI Rally on Saturday!
I had a great time at the rally and being in the parade with all of the MINI's, I hope you did too! It could of been cooler,
but we made it though! I posted the pictures on my photobucket account: http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... Abigail08/

I am definitely thinking about planning another event in the near future, I will keep everyone in the loop!
and I am going to try to make it down to more KC MINI events as well.

Again, Thank you for coming! Hope to see everyone soon!
My name is Hilary
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I had an autocross race that weekend otherwise that would have been fun.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW