Our Next Garage Day

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Clubby Clutch

Re: Our Next Garage Day

Post by Clubby Clutch »

Put me down for a tire rotation please and possibly a helping hand time permitting.

--Thanks
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Blue Lightning, (my nephew-in-law) would like to have rear brake pads installed --- :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

My used replacement front seats were delivered today. Looks like very easy to install; just 4 bolts and wiring connections. Manual suggests using new bolts and loctite however. When does everyone think would be good garage day?
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Installed my used replacement seats today so won't need any help at a Garage Day but would still come to lend a hand. Love the seats by the way! :D Not only are they in much better shape than my old ones, they are an upgrade.
Last edited by Hagar46 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Sorry I couldn't stay around at Sonic and discuss when this could happen. My weekends should be free for the next several weeks. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know more of the members.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We talked about it at the Sonic tonight and tentatively we're planning for next Sat, March 24th.

Let me know if that works for everyone and who all is coming, OK?

Hagar, glad you got your new seats installed so you can be riding easy now! Well done!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Can't make it next weekend (not that I was going to be providing much anyway). Got a comic convention going on.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DIYAutoRepair

Post by DIYAutoRepair »

Minidave wrote:We talked about it at the Sonic tonight and tentatively we're planning for next Sat, March 24th.

Hagar, glad you got your new seats installed so you can be riding easy now! Well done!
I just wanted to mention that the BMW club will have the shop on the 24th. The following Saturday the 31st would be good.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Well Crap :angrymonkey:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

DIYAutoRepair wrote:
Minidave wrote:We talked about it at the Sonic tonight and tentatively we're planning for next Sat, March 24th.

I just wanted to mention that the BMW club will have the shop on the 24th. The following Saturday the 31st would be good.
We're BMW's ;)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Well, I ordered my pulley package a few days ago. May be here tomorrow. Did you all discuss a second option at Sonics?
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

I'm very interested in this as my brake wear sensor light came on last week. I've got a complete set of pads and rotors being delivered this week. I'm also in need of a brake fluid flush (fluid arriving as well).

In the very near future I need a power steering fluid change

Don't know if this is too much to do all on the same day or not.

Bentley
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

OK, since there's a conflict with the DIY Shop for this Saturday, and most of the jobs we have planned don't really require a lift, maybe we should just do this one at my shop and save everyone some money?

We still haven't worked out exactly how to distribute the cost of renting the DIY shop either.

We can always do another shop day there later on as needs dictate.

Let me know what you all want to do - move it to another time or do it all at my shop.

We can easily do your brakes and fluid changes, Bentley - no problema.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I vote to do it at your shop, Dave. Thanks for being so generous! By the way, does the club (or a club member) own the Peake R5/EMX code reader? My "Service Engine Soon" light keeps going on and off every five or six drives. :? George
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I don't own that particular one, but I do have a code reader, we can try it on your car and see if it will work.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
DIYAutoRepair

Post by DIYAutoRepair »

The BMW club will start thinning out about 2pm so people, who need a lift, can start comming by after then. There is always Sunday for those that work M - F. Remember, we are open 7 days a week so drop on by any time.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

i had a Peake R5/EMX code reader, but sold it. i cant remember if i sold it locally or on NAM.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

I have the next two weekends available. If there is time this weekend I'd love to get this project under my belt!
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

I have my pulley kit. This Saturday at Dave's works for me (agreed, very kind gesture). I am only available Saturdays unless it's in the afternoon Sundays, but don't let me hold up anything. I can make the next one if it doesn't work this time. :wink:

BTW: This 16% pulley seems very small. :shock: I can imagine it's going to make the supercharger scream.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

OK, so the garage day will be held at MINIDave's MINIshop this Sat, March 24th starting at 9 am.

Anyone who needs directions please PM me and I'll send them along.

Is everyone listed on the 1st page still coming?

Anyone else?

Saturn? Saturn? :mrgreen:

If you're coming, please advise and let us know what you need to have done.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
GrayGuy
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by GrayGuy »

I'm still up for a brake fluid change. Thanks. Not yet sure if I can make it to the Baron celebration but will if things work out.
2005 S, Black on Dark Silver, Hood stripes, Rubber floor mats/winter package, CAI, 19% Pulley
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniMax »

Can I join the party? I need an oil change and possibly rotate my tires (can this be done without the lift?) I also have a hitch to put on but I can do that on another time if we have too much stuff scheduled. Let me know and I'll bring donuts.

Max
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

You bet Max, come on down......go get your filter and oil.

I prefer using factory filters rather than aftermarket. To me it's as easy to get it at Baron as anywhere else, and if you tell them you're in the club they'll give you a discount.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

I was looking over the online installation instructions and the kit I got, and it appears Way did not send the four bolts that go with the pulley. :roll: I put in a call and sent them an email message. I may not be able to install the pulley this weekend. :evil: It'd be nice if they would overnight them.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, there should be 4 about 1 1/4" long black allen head bolts that hold the two pulley halves together, make sure they're not just threaded into the pulley....it might be kinda hard to see them down in the holes. They take a 5/32" allen key IIRC.

Yay! Max is bringing the KK's! :cheers:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"