Our Next Garage Day

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Our Next Garage Day

Post by kgreen66 »

Minidave wrote:Yes, there should be 4 about 1 1/4" long black allen head bolts that hold the two pulley halves together, make sure they're not just threaded into the pulley....it might be kinda hard to see them down in the holes. They take a 5/32" allen key IIRC.

Yay! Max is bringing the KK's! :cheers:
Nope. Not already in there. I pulled it apart.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I think I have my "Service Engine Soon" light fixed, but I plan to come to lend a hand. George
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
saturn

Post by saturn »

I'm thinking I'll be there, and prolly just do sparkplugs this time round. Any reccomendations as to which plugs are better for Mini's?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

OEM, that way one won't pop out somewhere down the road! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I won't be able to make it this saturday, I've been recruited by my dad to help install a RO water filter for my sister!

Looks like it'll be a busy day, hope you all enjoy.

Dave i'll have to stop by after work sometime soon and either fix my pully there or take the belt tool with me. I might be able to do it without the tool but If I get in there and mess it up I'd rather have the tool if I need it.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Waylon called and he's going to overnight the screws. I feel bad. I wished I'd have noticed sooner and saved him on some shipping. He said the machine shop did that on several of his orders. He also said I got the last 16% he had.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

minicoopers43 wrote: Dave i'll have to stop by after work sometime soon and either fix my pully there or take the belt tool with me. I might be able to do it without the tool but If I get in there and mess it up I'd rather have the tool if I need it.
Just don't come get it tomorrow unless you can have it back by Sat am, so we can do KGreen's car. Other than that, any time. And don't forget to bring your welding project by too so I can stick that together for you.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

kgreen66 wrote:Waylon called and he's going to overnight the screws. I feel bad. I wished I'd have noticed sooner and saved him on some shipping. He said the machine shop did that on several of his orders. He also said I got the last 16% he had.
Good deal, I think we could have gotten those at Ace Hardware too, just FYI...there's nothing too exotic about them.

See you Sat am!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

I'll be there.

Dave. Sent you a pm for address.

Anyone want coffee? I'll pick up some if there is any interest.

Bentley
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

coffee goes good with sinkers :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

I am planning to attend also. I also have a belt pulley tool that I can/will bring for backup. I am in no hurry to work on my car, I will lend a hand to expedite others.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Depending on how much we want to get done and assuming the weather co-operates, we should be able to finish everything easily.

Don't forget, lunch is at Hooters, and I'm pretty sure Davester offered to buy! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

he offered but it was a brain f-rt :dunce:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Maybe I'll just come for lunch!!! :wink:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Anyone else need directions?

Phone is 913-648-6339 if you get lost!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Well change of plans fellow MINIacs, stuck in Phily, PA. I will miss out on all the fun and the Baron festivities. Dam!
Clubby Clutch

Post by Clubby Clutch »

I cannot make it. I apologize for any inconveniences.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

On my way. Waiting for coffee to brew. See ya soon!
Bentley

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Once again, a great day! Thanks, Minidave for everything. It's always fun to socialize with fellow Miniacs. :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Another successful garage day!

The weather was perfect, which allowed us to work on two cars in the driveway while we tackled the longer jobs inside.

We did a couple of brake fluid flushes - both of which were sorely needed based on the color and viscosity of the "tobacco" juice that came out!

We got Bentley's brakes and rotors replaced and fluid changed with Colin's help, and we successfully tried out the new "lifter uppers" - they worked extremely well - we could probably use another set actually, but I don't have any more of that metal.

Max got his hitch installed and we were all surprised how easy that job turned out to be. The only "hitch" in the install was having to run down to Baron to get some clips that we broke removing some trim. We also rotated his tires and reset his sway bar.

We also got Kgreen's pulley installed, and he had the biggest grin on his face when he took his first test drive! Mission accomplished!....

All in all a great day, always fun to spend the day with Miniacs working on our favorite cars!

Thanks to everone who came and helped and played with us!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
eronning
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by eronning »

It sounds awesome, as usual. I have been trying to prepare my fractured lawn for seed. Not nearly as much fun....
Trash trucks always have the right-of-way.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

As always - thanks to all the more knowledgable people that help make these a success!

As Dave mentioned, I did a complete brake job including a fluid flush. Not so scary now that I've done it once. I would feel comfortable doing it again.

If you've not attended a garage day, even if you don't want to work on your car, they give you a better understanding of what is going on inside that marvelous machine we call MINI!
Bentley

formerly:
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Sorry I missed it, but I had an interesting day of my own.

Got to ride in my friend Roger Sitterly's fully restored 1973 BMW 2002 from Des Moines to Cedar Rapids and back (about 2 hours each way). (See photo of the car in the link below)

While in Cedar Rapids, I got to attend the Spring Has Sprung Meet-n-Eat with the Eastern Iowa MINIs (EIM). There were 39 people in attendance :shock: even with the rainy drizzly weather. The EIM club covers all of Northeast and East Central Iowa and has members from Illinois, too.

Event photos: http://www.easterniowaminis.org/eastern ... ity-032412

MINI of Des Moines showed up, too, with a Roadster and a box full of 10th anniversary t-shirts for everyone.

After lunch, Gary Mineart (club president) held a brief meeting talking about upcoming events, and then allowed Roger Sitterly and I to talk about our Iowa MTTS status and plans. Then MINI of Des Moines reps spoke for a bit then handed out t-shirts.

(By the way, Gary lives in Decorah, Iowa -- only a 2 hour drive from the meet-up in Cedar Rapids).

On the way back to Des Moines, Roger and I did some route-scouting for MTTS to find a good route from Cedar Rapids back to Des Moines -- and think we have a winner!

Anyway, I really would have loved to hang out in Dave's garage and went to Baron's 10th anniversary party, but had a fulfilling MINI day as well.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

I had a great day and am enjoying my new pulley. Thanks again to all and especially dimini for all he did and Dave for hosting!
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Just wondering, are we doing the garage day event at the garage off of 119 street? I have been so busy that I haven't been able to keep up. i was thinking it was Sat April 1.