Hit in Rear End by Dump Truck

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Hit in Rear End by Dump Truck

Post by Hagar46 »

My beloved MINI was hit twice in the rear end by a HUGE dump truck last night. I was stopped at a stop light when he stopped behind me. When the light turned green, he forgot I was in front of him and he couldn't see me over his hood. So he went forward before I did and hit me. He thought his truck had stalled so he went again and hit me a second time. No one hurt but bent his bumper and srewed up my hatch and bumper. Who knows what is damaged underneath. Was scary view in my rear view mirror when all I saw was dump truck grill about six inches from my rear window! :(
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Hit in Rear End by Dump Truck

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Oh no! :( That does sound really scary. I always get nervous when there's large trucks behind me in the MINI.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Oh no! :( That does sound really scary. I always get nervous when there's large trucks behind me in the MINI.
Damn dump trucks need to pay attention. I'd be cussing the hell out of the driver of that truck if he hit my car.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

I don't think they can make silk green paint anymore.
Mr. F56
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Yup, only made silk green MINI's in 2002 and 1st half of 2003. Superior Lexus body shop up north managed to match it last year when a different truck backed into me because he couldn't see me as well! :( You would think they could hear me with my Borla exhaust. :mrgreen:
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Smart move taking it to a high end dealer for the repairs - I'd take it back to them....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)