Minis in the snow

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Minis in the snow

Post by CowboyCoop »

So did anyone brave the snow, and take there minis out? My 2012 Mini Clubman, and the 2011 mini Convertible, made it in all the road, snow, craziness. How did you do? BTW i did have to go to work, was not by choice, and most likely will not try it again.
Marc
Attachments
Minis in the snow.
Minis in the snow.
Minisinthesnow-02-21-13.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Minis in the snow

Post by Minidave »

School was cancelled today so I did not try, but my wife had to go to work tonight.....the hardest part was getting out of the driveway and out of the neighborhood as our streets haven't been plowed even still. Our Audi has height adjustable suspension for more ground clearance, but even on the highest setting it was floating on the snow a bit, it took her several tries but once out in the street she was fine.

If they plow our street I know I can get around just fine in my MINI, but till they do I'm stuck.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Minidave wrote:School was cancelled today so I did not try, but my wife had to go to work tonight.....the hardest part was getting out of the driveway and out of the neighborhood as our streets haven't been plowed even still. Our Audi has height adjustable suspension for more ground clearance, but even on the highest setting it was floating on the snow a bit, it took her several tries but once out in the street she was fine.

If they plow our street I know I can get around just fine in my MINI, but till they do I'm stuck.
Saw on NAM you wrer driving a Countryman ALL4 S. How was that? Mine is great in deep snow, the city has not plowed my cul-de-sac yet!
Still working on my driveway. Long side entry to a 3 car ( 2 cars and a pile of trash actually ) Trash owner gets to park her car outside. :D
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It's a loaner while the Clubby is in the shop waiting for parts that were delayed by the storm, so I picked it up on Monday, drove it to home, then to school on Tuesday and home Tuesday afternoon, and it hasn't moved since. So, bottom line I have no idea......

Don (Dimini) has one tho and he says it gets around great, but would be even better if it had the right tires (like Blizzaks) instead of run flat all seasons.

Now that they plowed our street and I removed the berm they left at the end of the driveway, it really won't be any challenge at all for.

This must be a 2013 model tho as it has the power window switches on the door panel instead of in the console, and a flat back seat too.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Managed to shovel out my driveway making sure I dug out space for me to back the car into the garage from the street. Does the job.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

I am on day two, and still trying to shovel out, so I can get those poor little Mini's in their garage, took off work early yesterday, and only lasted one hour until my back gave out, I was able to shovel the side walk going to the street in the front of the house, it was so bad we could not even open the front door was expecting our bikes to be delivered any day, apparently UPS decided to shut down on Thursday, so now the bikes are somewhere between Phoenix and Colorado. Not that it really matters spring is not here, and still gotta figure my options on how to haul those bikes around this spring, in the Clubman, or the convertible, just now it arrived, but short one bike BUMMER.

Marc.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu