New Mini

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Lil Blue

New Mini

Post by Lil Blue »

Traded in our 2011 Ice Blue Clubman and bought a 2012 Absolute Black Countryman S with cold weather, premium pkg and sport suspension. Love the new ride! She goes back in on Tuesday to get windows tinted, chrome blacked out and a matte black Union Jack on the roof. :D
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: New Mini

Post by Minidave »

Congrats on the new ride!

Did you just need the extra room and the 4 doors, or was there another reason you went to the Countryman?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Lil Blue

Post by Lil Blue »

Baron gave us a Great deal since its a 2012 and I've always liked them.
Lil Blue

Post by Lil Blue »

I also like the smoother ride.
s1-
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by s1- »

So... pics when it is completed? Sounds like it will be one of a kind. I haven't seen a Union Jack on a Countryman yet!
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Congrats to a fellow 2 MINI family! Loved your ice blue Clubby -- glad you got a great deal on a Countryman!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Lil Blue

Post by Lil Blue »

Just picked up the New Mini from Samer at Baron. They did a great job with all the customization work on the new Countryman for me. Just love it! Will work at getting pictures taken so I can post them. The matte black union jack on the roof is sharp.
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Just a little side note, and some what funny on the union Jack, a few years ago, I was sent home from work because I had a complaint lodged against me because I was wearing a union Jack flag T-shirt apparently a few people where offended, and said it looked like the south rebel flag. So now I feel I have to stay with the black and white checkered, or the Black and white union Jack so as to not offend someone who does not know there flags, but in all reality black and white would look good with the spice orange.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
Lil Blue

Post by Lil Blue »

I agree, it would! My husband has a 2012 spice orange clubman too.
Derek1387

Post by Derek1387 »

CowboyCoop wrote:Just a little side note, and some what funny on the union Jack, a few years ago, I was sent home from work because I had a complaint lodged against me because I was wearing a union Jack flag T-shirt apparently a few people where offended, and said it looked like the south rebel flag. So now I feel I have to stay with the black and white checkered, or the Black and white union Jack so as to not offend someone who does not know there flags, but in all reality black and white would look good with the spice orange.
I hate some people.