Newbie question

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Gears

Newbie question

Post by Gears »

Picking up 02 S tomorrow and thinking about taking it in to Baron for the 69.95 Oil change and "inspection", is that worth it or should I just DIY the oil change? Oh and where do you guys recommend purchasing an oil filter? Thanks for whatever help/advice/opinion you can share!

-Seth
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Newbie question

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I would buy the OEM filter at Baron.Tell them your a club member and get 10% off. Probably wouldn't hurt to let them also check over the car for you.Ask them to shoot you a price first.Good luck
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Gears

Post by Gears »

Thanks!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'd have it checked over before I bought it, that way any major repairs can become a negotiating point.

Definitely buy your filter at the dealer, I've had poor results with aftermarket filters.

Oh, and welcome to the madness! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Gears

Post by Gears »

Thanks
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Where in Lenexa do you reside Gears? I will keep an eye open for you.
Last edited by boxer on Thu May 23, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Gears

Post by Gears »

Changed user name to Gears was deciding between the two. I'm right off of 435 and 95th. How about you? You know I have seen a Dark Silver MCS in my apartment complex we might be neighbors!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Gears wrote:Changed user name to Gears was deciding between the two. I'm right off of 435 and 95th. How about you? You know I have seen a Dark Silver MCS in my apartment complex we might be neighbors!
Wait you can change user names? I've been wanting to change my user name for a while now.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Not neighbors but your not far away. I reside in the Graystone South subdivision, 87th & Rosehill, behind Gomers. I thought I posted on the wrong forum for a moment. I would like to change my name also.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Gears

Post by Gears »

Zackattack28 wrote:Wait you can change user names? I've been wanting to change my user name for a while now.
boxer wrote:Not neighbors but your not far away. I reside in the Graystone South subdivision, 87th & Rosehill, behind Gomers. I thought I posted on the wrong forum for a moment. I would like to change my name also.
Send a PM to the moderator that's what I did and they were kind enough to change it for me :D