Sc pully tool

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
04MCS

Sc pully tool

Post by 04MCS »

I'm looking at ordering the 15% pully next month and was wandering if anyone had the tool to remove the pully hate to buy it for a 1 time use I would be willing to help anyone with there projects on shop days to
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Sc pully tool

Post by Hagar46 »

I think Minidave has one as part of the club tools collection (check the club tools post on this board).
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, I have the puller, just be aware it only works to remove a stock pulley, other than that you're good to go. I also have the serpentine belt tool.

I'd suggest you order the kit from Way Motor Works, it comes with the new correct belt, the tensioner strap, Craven Speed pulley and new correct heat range plugs. If your car has a lot of miles on it, I'd consider getting a new tensioner too.

Do check the club's tools thread to see a list of all the tools we have available for club member's use.

You can contact me at 913-648-6339 to arrange pick up.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
04MCS

Post by 04MCS »

Ok thanks everyone
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

A new tensioner would be prudent.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, I mentioned that in my post above too......nothing like experience as a teacher, eh Mark?

Glad to see yours is still on road and motoring!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)