I need a tune

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
SWT CHI

I need a tune

Post by SWT CHI »

I just reduced the SC pulley from 10% JCW to 17%, inserted cooler plugs, new stock wires, new stock coil, and this bugga is still running rich a month after the ECU remapped itself. Still getting pre-detonation even in the cooler weather. I run 92/93 octane when I can get it in the 'Dotte or JoCo, otherwise I'm always running 91 nil-EtOH/100% PureGas.

Anyone know a trusted and reputable shop with a dyno and the software? Doesn't have to be local; I'd prefer to do it vis-a-vis rather than remotely. Although, I'm amenable to that which solves the problem.

Would appreciate input from some of the 'heads here that have successfully modded. Looking for a non-dealer option.

Seek you at the Rivermarket.

Many mahalos.
REDSLED

Re: I need a tune

Post by REDSLED »

Seems your running into the same issue I did. I couldn't find anyone local so I went with a remote tune and its still in progress. Im not even at the point I would recommend the way I went until I see the final product but I can tell ya I didn't expect it too take this long. Good luck and if I come across any "close" options i'll give ya a holler.
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

Apparently the guys at George's Import have the software to remap our cars. Not sure how adept they are at the black art, but we were talking about my Supercharger pulley swap and he mentioned they have the software to remap.

I was talking with Brad.
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've known Brad since he was about 18, and I think you're in good hands with him..... 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

Minidave wrote:I've known Brad since he was about 18, and I think you're in good hands with him..... 8)
I agree. Very pleased with the suggestion Dave!
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!