April Garage Day

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

April Garage Day

Post by Minidave »

My shop is full of Buzz for now, so looking for a volunteer to hold a shop day in April in their garage.

And for those who need to do work on their car, please post the date you'd prefer and what you need to do.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: April Garage Day

Post by MiniMax »

I'll provide the space (unless someone else has a more suitable garage). I have a set of ramps, 4 stands, a floor jack, some tools and a pear tree. I need to do my front and rear brakes and maybe an oil change. (someone can spill oil on my driveway for a change). I was thinking about 4/12/14 at 9:00 am as the time. "Car talk" will be available on the radio. If others bring tools and expertise, we should be all set.

MiniMax
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniMax wrote:I'll provide the space (unless someone else has a more suitable garage). I have a set of ramps, 4 stands, a floor jack, some tools and a pear tree. I need to do my front and rear brakes and maybe an oil change. (someone can spill oil on my driveway for a change). I was thinking about 4/12/14 at 9:00 am as the time. "Car talk" will be available on the radio. If others bring tools and expertise, we should be all set.

MiniMax
I have to do an oil change (assuming I don't have Baron do it) tighten up possible loose rear struts, grease the rear sway bar bushings and that is about it for now. May need to grease the steering column if I can find the right grease.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

I might try to join you all again for a bit. I have a recirc valve that is chirping. Wanted to see what you all think. I may do plugs sometime soon as well
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I have the special spark plug socket you need to change plugs, let me know if you're going to show and I'll send it along with Max.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniMax »

MiniDave, I'l PM you about picking up tools on Friday if that works for you. Everyone is welcome to join. PM me for address and directions. I can promise donuts but I'm not the most experienced with car repair and I don't have every tool known to man (so bring your own if you have them). I'm thinking Saturday at 9 am to start (car talk will be on).

Max
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Don't have the funds to do an oil change this weekend (to purchase oil, etc.) but I will bring my socket set, screw driver sets, wheel lug wrench, torque wrench, 1/2" drive sockets, and my box of random bolts and plastic fasteners for minis. I will also bring my 1.5 ton jack. Should be enough to help out a little. So I will assist as needed.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

MiniMax wrote:MiniDave, I'l PM you about picking up tools on Friday if that works for you. Everyone is welcome to join. PM me for address and directions. I can promise donuts but I'm not the most experienced with car repair and I don't have every tool known to man (so bring your own if you have them). I'm thinking Saturday at 9 am to start (car talk will be on).

Max
Minidave wrote:I have the special spark plug socket you need to change plugs, let me know if you're going to show and I'll send it along with Max.
I wouldn't plan on me needing it. I need to do some research on plugs first. I was thinking of trying to show up just to show up and say hi. Maybe help with eating a donut.

But now that I know you have the tool, I may need to hit you up in the future!
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I may stop by for a donut and to show off the new R52.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

IowaM1N1 wrote:I may stop by for a donut and to show off the new R52.
Added to the stable, did you?
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Are there any tools that we need? I am bringing the following

Oh and I probably will have to see about tightening up my sway bar bushings. They may be loose.

Socket set
Tire wrench
1/2" sockets (17mm is wrapped in medical tape to prevent scratching wheels when torquing bolts)
torque wrench
Dry Lube
Grease gun, with flexible attactment and some extra grease cartridges
zerk fittings (i have plenty of extras, I still there there is something wrong with the ones on my sway bar but that's for another day)
screw driver set (with torx heads)
1.5 ton jack (low-rise type)
And a handful of plastic body panel fasteners (as I broke two removing the rear fender liner to get to my rear muffler hanger and am buying extra)

I will probably bring other tools I have as well so that it'll be easier for everyone if tools are limited. I'm mostly gonna be there to help and be social as I think most of the stuff I needed to do right now is done though I still can't find that creaking banging noise coming from the back end. If any of you know what I am talking about let me know.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Do we have an idea of how many are stopping by and what projects are going on?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

IowaM1N1 wrote:Do we have an idea of how many are stopping by and what projects are going on?
I haven't seen a list like usual. I'm assuming we will have a handful of cars.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

I'm still a maybe. Gotta talk with the wife in a bit and get plans for the weekend.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Weren't a lot of things that went on at the garage day but it was quite enjoyable and max's driveway could have held six minis end to end on a flat surface. Got max's brakes done, and figured out what happened with my front of my car. I have new strut bearings on order from Moog. My original Moog ones failed but have a lifetime warranty so hopefully I get some money back from the returned failed ones. All in all a great day and thanks Max for hosting a garage day on such a nice afternoon.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I dropped by early on with friend Ric, but once I saw Max and Zack had it all under control I went on to other duties. Could not have asked for a nicer day tho, the weather was perfect for a good garage day!

Thanks for hosting Max, and let us know what you think of the EBC reds, OK?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniMax »

What a beautiful day. Thanks to everyone that stopped by to help me with my brakes. They were mushy when I first went out, but feel great after I bedded them. We talked about having a detailing day sometime soon. I would volunteer for that as well if people are interested.

Mini Max .
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniMax wrote:What a beautiful day. Thanks to everyone that stopped by to help me with my brakes. They were mushy when I first went out, but feel great after I bedded them. We talked about having a detailing day sometime soon. I would volunteer for that as well if people are interested.

Mini Max .
I would be down for that. I have a handful of cleaning supplies but really don't know the finer points of detailing
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Sorry I didn't make it out today! There were a few folks there I haven't met in person yet.

As far as detailing goes, Baron washes it when I take it in... That's good right?

I do need to take care of some nasty rock chips from this winter and scrub her down.