DTC Codes

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: DTC Codes

Post by Minidave »

Yep, sounds like it's in the wiring someplace close to that valve you replaced, maybe disturbing the wiring enough to replace the valve let it work for a while?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Put in new fuse once again and now only code is P0031. Wonder if short is in wiring to O2 sensor that was replaced several months ago? We will see what Baron says next week.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Not the best way to find a short, but you could put in a heavier fuse and see what starts smoking! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Minidave wrote:Not the best way to find a short, but you could put in a heavier fuse and see what starts smoking! :mrgreen:
Lol, I agree, Minidave. Danger of damaging other electrical parts if I don't find the source of the short that is blowing the fuse! :(
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Baron diagnosed an intermittent short in the wiring to the upstream O2 sensor. Hopefully it will be fixed for good now. :D
George

kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Hagar, where online did you buy your camshaft sensor? Mine is causing the SES light and ASC. Was it difficult to change?
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Keith, I bought it from RockAuto but never installed it and sent it back. Not easy to install because you have to loosen motor mounts to get access. :(
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Keith, I have the Bentley manual if you want to read about the repair first.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Thanks, Dave. Not sure I'll try it myself. I'll let you know if I need it. Again, thanks.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust