Lack of Interest

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Lack of Interest

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Lack of Interest

Post by MiniManiac »

BLUGOOSE wrote:Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:
It has been very quiet lately. I think it is just the time of year. We had our end of season blow-out event in October (better than ever this year) and I think that most of the folks behind that event have taken a well deserved breather. I think that once the weather turns back into driving weather, the site will begin to pick back up.

We do have a new crop of folks posting all over the FB site and I bet they will make their way here once they see the utility of an actual forum.

See you in the Spring!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

HI FRANK!!! Miss you! :D

There's all sorts of fun stuff going on over on Facebook, but maybe there's a way to encourage more conversation to happen here. Who has ideas on how to make that happen?

I like the forum vs. Facebook for talking about repairs, mods, etc... because it is all well archived and easier to search for down the road than on Facebook. I hope we aren't losing information by leaning toward Facebook more often than the forum. I also see the same questions often on Facebook that could be quickly answered here.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote:HI FRANK!!! Miss you! :D

There's all sorts of fun stuff going on over on Facebook, but maybe there's a way to encourage more conversation to happen here. Who has ideas on how to make that happen?

I like the forum vs. Facebook for talking about repairs, mods, etc... because it is all well archived and easier to search for down the road than on Facebook. I hope we aren't losing information by leaning toward Facebook more often than the forum. I also see the same questions often on Facebook that could be quickly answered here.
Johnna, agreed! Facebook is good for quick replies and posting photos but the forum is a much better resource for talking repairs and events. It is good to have both and I hope we can continue to utilize each of these resources.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Hello :wave: :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Bsto09
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Bsto09 »

I'm here! To be honest, I don't really check the lounge very often. But this means I should start! Lol
-Bryce

08 R55 MINI Clubman S (Agatha)
canderson1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by canderson1 »

Stopping by to say hello! :wave:
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

BLUGOOSE wrote:Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:
Hey Frank. I'm here. Been busy with things and my grad school semester starting back up again. Plus I don't have any exciting odd problems to post about with my Mini since I got the Clubman. But don't worry. I will post more at some point. We need more social events, even small ones that not everyone goes to are fun with a few Miniacs attending. I think more people need to post on here. I have never been a fan of Facebook and dont think it helps with genuine communication with friends and family.

We need to encourage more people to post on the forum. Maybe even have a thread that is just for things that would normally be posted on Facebook. Maybe even a separate section.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
CathyV
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CathyV »

Hey Frank! I do not go to the Forum often - but then, like you, I notice that there are not a lot of people on here. FB is too convenient for those of us on Facebook, but I think the Forum is a good place to communicate and keep non-Mini topics out of the mix. I will try to do better.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

We need to make the forum more important than the Facebook page. I think people get too complacent with Facebook. It isn't the best thing in the world and I believe it prevents people from actually interacting with each other. Some would argue that more millenials use Facebook but I know a lot of them who think it's a waste of time and doesn't help foster friendships or coordinate events. Had it not been for the forum and some people I knew who were on the forum I never would have found the Mini Club to begin with.

I will now step off the soapbox so that others can use it.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

BLUGOOSE wrote:I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. :wink:
Zack is like Elf on a Shelf - always watching!! LOL
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've been out of internet range for the last week, but I'm home now......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. :wink:
Zack is like Elf on a Shelf - always watching!! LOL
Yep.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:Yep.
LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
landspeed
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by landspeed »

I'm new here......but, I will try to check in more often.

Chris
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

BLUGOOSE wrote:My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P
Bob might be working. You know how Hallmark is.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Zackattack28 wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P
Bob might be working. You know how Hallmark is.
Bob is retiring! http://shawneemissionpost.com/2017/01/0 ... ness-59518
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
miamini
MINIAC
MINIAC

New Member Question

Post by miamini »

Hi everyone - I'm Miamini and will be getting my new 2021 2-door Mini hardtop later this month (so excited).

I have chosen a black one with black top - now I'm ready to add some fun colors in side scuttles and side mirror caps, stripes, etc. I really wanted to use the great yellow color that is on the new electric mini but I'm think the yellow might be too bright for a black car. Red is another great option but am curious to know if anyone else has designed their mini black exterior and would be willing to share how they decided.

I just can't figure out which way to go and it's such a big decision.

Thanks much - Mia
miamini
MINIAC
MINIAC

New Member Question

Post by miamini »

Hi everyone - I'm Miamini and will be getting my new 2021 2-door Mini hardtop later this month (so excited).

I have chosen a black one with black top - now I'm ready to add some fun colors in side scuttles and side mirror caps, stripes, etc. I really wanted to use the great yellow color that is on the new electric mini but I'm think the yellow might be too bright for a black car. Red is another great option but am curious to know if anyone else has designed their mini black exterior and would be willing to share how they decided.

I just can't figure out which way to go and it's such a big decision.

Thanks much - Mia
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Thanks for bringing this back to the front page. I am not a book facer. And I have to admit that I have not checked this forum lately, mainly because nothing really new is added. I do tend to post more on Instagram more, as it is safer, saner, and safer. But I tend to post more about my doggies than Mini's. In a few days, I will be jobless and will make it a goal to try to engage in this forum. But again for the information and past references, it is a great forum. Thanks, Zach for popping back in. Peace out to all. and long live this forum that made me love and appreciates the life of Mini Coopers and the newfound friends.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Hello everyone. Still here and we check in from time to time. :ds:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
SoSlow
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by SoSlow »

I just made an account here, since I've deactivated my Facebook. But there doesn't seem to be much activity.
1994 Rover Mini 1275 SPi
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Best way is to start some! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)