Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
petek

Post by petek »

Thanks!

Non-partisan, MINI ticket! ;)

Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't say ticket and MINI in the same sentence. I received my first speeding ticket when I was 18. I didn't receive another ticket until I had my MINI a few years - and believe me, I'm not 18 any more! :lol:
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

We ate at the Freight House Jack Stack tonight...saw both an GP and then walked out to see a Classic PW/ Checkered Mini (w/ Moxie on the plates) and then a PW/B MINI Cooper parked right beside it...

Moxie was a beautiful Mini!

We drove Ruska around downtown tonight with the sunroof back and windows down..had several people comment to us how much they loved the car... all in all a great evening

:D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

JohnBLZ wrote:We ate at the Freight House Jack Stack tonight...saw both an GP and then walked out to see a Classic PW/ Checkered Mini (w/ Moxie on the plates) and then a PW/B MINI Cooper parked right beside it...

Moxie was a beautiful Mini!

We drove Ruska around downtown tonight with the sunroof back and windows down..had several people comment to us how much they loved the car... all in all a great evening

:D
We saw your shiny red MINI, too. Ruska is sure a pretty MINI. Moxie was loaded on the trailer for a test run, the PW beside it was Esmter and the GP was Todd's. Beautiful night for motoring!

Johnna (currently headed to MINI-ville at the Dragon!)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Saw a Hyper Blue/ white top eastbound on K-10 this am, I'm westbound in my electric blue MCS (W) :P
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

EB/W MCS with checkerboard roof Friday 0630 hrs at Main and Moonlight in Gardner. I think I scared the driver when I waved at her. At least I made her look. :P

Hey - Minidave. Welcome to the club. Have you had your EB long? Your MINI looks v-e-r-y familiar.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I just got it last Friday, and it looks familiar because it used to belong to dryfly...... :lol:

I put up a post in the "Market" section about it today........

And thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to hooking up with some of you folks soon.........

Saw a green MCs on K-10 East bound green with black top, JEHU on the plate. I was right behind her but in heavy traffic I guess she didn't see me...........
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw 2 CR/CR MCS out at the 5k for KCCC today.. both parked in the grass. Hope you both made it out ok.. that mud wasn't so much fun ;)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Saw a Red/White MC parked in the grass at the KCI Exposition center last night at my neice's H/S graduation.
Last edited by Minidave on Sun May 20, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

It was a Ragtop weekend!

Saturday evening, 8ish, Solid Gold MC Cabrio in the parking lot at the Sheraton/OP Convention Center. I love all of your chrome!

Sunday afternoon, 1ish, at the toll booth parking area on I-70, West of the Speedway, MCS Cabrio, Pepper White, black top.

Sunday evening, 6:30ish in Liberty. You were headed West on 152 near I-35. Your car looked very familiar to me--CR MCc. You were the only topless motorer I saw this weekend, I've reported the others. :lol:

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw a really nice Black/Silver Cooper S w/ MO LINIE plates last night at Shawnee Mission Beach Volleyball.

Great combo, especially with the stripe!
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

..... blue cabrio (with the top down, of course) w/license plate of MINISOL, off of 51st & Roe this afternoon, and the bonus was he waved! :D :D :D
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw a very nice CR/ Silver MCS on 135th Thursday...driven by a fine specimen of a human being (Wow!)

Didn't get a wave...but did get the obligatory you wish look :?

Such is life :lol:
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Saw a PW/B with black bonnet stripes on Metcalf near Johnson Dr. while I was test driving a MC for the first time last Wednesday. I got waves from both the driver and passenger and some horn honking!

Still trying to convince the wife to let me get a MC. :lol:

MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I must not be doing the wave right, I mostly seem to get ignored..... :?

Is there a special MINI owners wave? Cause I didn't get the memo if there is....... :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Minidave wrote:I must not be doing the wave right, I mostly seem to get ignored..... :?

Is there a special MINI owners wave? Cause I didn't get the memo if there is....... :lol:
I think maybe they knew I was test driving and just wanted to make me think that all MC owners were nice people. :D
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

How exciting. A pending new Gardner MINI owner.
Keep us updated. And yes, I wave. :lol: :P :lol:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

ylwjkt wrote:How exciting. A pending new Gardner MINI owner.
Woo hoo new owner. I wave and I don't even have one yet. LOL.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

PW/B MC motoring down a side street next to the City Park
in Belleville, KS. Probably did not see me waving amongst
the other 300+ cars in the park Saturday afternoon. :shock:

But that was no excuse for the CR/B MCc, HB MCS, and IB/W MCS I
saw all motoring WB on I-70 between Salina and Topeka on Sunday morning. Not one wave. :x
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I saw a DS/B Cooper S with liscense plates that said "Rig" on them when I was coming home from Gardner. It also had black bonnet stripes. Good lookin S.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
oh-behave

Post by oh-behave »

saw an amazing original mini in parkville last weekend at the jazz and blues festival

I posted the sighting on the kch2o website with crappy camera photos

I don't know how to blur out license plate numbers, is this really a concern? if so I'll take out the photo with the number.

linky linky http://kch2o.org/smf/index.php?topic=3749.new#new
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

oh-behave wrote:saw an amazing original mini in parkville last weekend at the jazz and blues festival

I posted the sighting on the kch2o website with crappy camera photos

I don't know how to blur out license plate numbers, is this really a concern? if so I'll take out the photo with the number.

linky linky http://kch2o.org/smf/index.php?topic=3749.new#new
What a beautiful Classic! Seems like there are more popping up in town all of a sudden. :shock:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ragtopday wrote:What a beautiful Classic! Seems like there are more popping up in town all of a sudden. :shock:
Speaking of Classics popping up all over town.....Esmter and I spotted a blue Classic on N. Oak today around 1 PM. Very nice RHD driven by a grrrl. :D
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

ylwjkt wrote:How exciting. A pending new Gardner MINI owner.
Still trying to find a Sparkling Silver for my wife to see. I've narrowed it down to either a Nightfire Red or a Sparkling Silver, both choices are with white top, mirrors, bonnet stripes and wheels.

I've seen the SS, but my wife hasn't and she wants some input on the color before I make the choice.

Any issues to speak of concerning white wheels? Thanks.
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Today,

Saw a Chili Red MCC in the parking lot at Red Robin in Independence around 8:30pm :o
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

10955 Lowell, OP, KS 66210

8:15 am Friday, 06/29/07, LY/W MCS w/ white bonnet stripes parked in front. Saw you when I looked down from our lunch room window on the 3rd floor.

10:55 am 06/29/07 Black/Black MCS w/chrome mirror caps parked in side lot, right next to an alien green beetle. I spotted you out of my office window on the 5th floor.

Nobody probably saw me cause I was parked in the covered parking below because of the rain.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS