Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Deal!

I have to admit it was very soon after they opened in the Legends and the line was huge, so maybe they didn't have the kinks worked out yet. We'll give them another try some weekend. Problem is, you keep finding MINI things for us to do on our weekends! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

LY/B MC southbound on Quivira at Monrovia around 1:45 this afternoon.
No wave, as usual. :evil:
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

ragtopday wrote:
JohnBLZ wrote:
Minidave wrote:I tried the CBIP in the Legends, I also thought the food was just OK. Waited an hour to get in and could have gone to the Sonic across the street!
I'm 0 for 2 at CBIP, both at Legends and in Leawood. Jimmy Buffett's name is really getting trashed in these! (Hopefully he'll make it up with his concert though...I'll let you know in October :D )

My wife is a secret shopper...so it's free food + free drinks...but if you can't even enjoy it when it's free.. you KNOW it's bad ;)
Sorry to further hi-jack the "Was That You" thread.

I've worked as a performer at CiP since the very first one in Indianapolis doing their private soirees, including those attended by Jimmy, as well as grand openings, concert pre-parties, etc... I'm disclosing my bias upfront.

If you didn't get the food you expected, tell the management. I've yet to meet one of them that didn't care. They have a vested financial interest in the restaurant and will do whatever they can to make your island visit a good one. And as for trashing Jimmy's name....have you eaten at M'Ville lately? While I've worked for them, too, I avoid dining there.

If you still want to give CiP a try, drop by while one of us is working and get your own cool balloon sculpture. You'll find one of us at the Leawood location every Wednesday night and every weekend at Legends. :)

Johnna
Hi Johnna.. I mean no disrespect to your place of employment, I was just giving my feedback regarding my two experiences.

Furthering the highjack ;)

FWIW..they have a Karoake event every Weds night which I plan to attend after class...hopefully this will change my perception!

The bar has been set pretty high for an island experience though, The Sandbar is Lawrence is my favorite "Buffett' type bar.. Dave and the crew there really do their thing!

mmm...Bahama Mama!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Saw a GP headed East on 152 highway Saturday around 11:30. I beeped at you but I was in the xB. :)

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I spied a particular purple MCS goin north on Antioch at 95th about 5:30 tonight............Hi Lauri!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
slow

Post by slow »

JohnBLZ wrote:Saw a very nice JB/JB MCS at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Leawood Sat night. The food sucked, but the MINI looked good ;)
That was me! We ended up going across the parking lot to the steakhouse out there because Cheeseburger in Paradise is just.... well.... horrible. I remember seeing you, but I don't remember what your Mini looked like.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Saw a snazzy blue 2007 MCS on 92 highway in Kearney around 2:45 this afternoon. It sure was shiny!!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

It was a 3 MINI day today. I saw a JB/W at Broadway & Southwest about 1:45. I almost missed that one as I was day dreaming, and she even waved :D I was so surprised that I bruised a knuckle trying to wave back. There was another JB/W with white tail lights parked across the intersection. These colors could be off as my sunglasses make everything look orange8) Finally the Red Bull MINI crossed Broadway at 14th as I was leaving work today.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

I saw a cute purple Mini headed north on Antioch today at 5pm. However, the driver was completely oblivious. I hope she pays more attention at the track next week. :wink:
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

LittleRed wrote:I saw a cute purple Mini headed north on Antioch today at 5pm. However, the driver was completely oblivious. I hope she pays more attention at the track next week. :wink:
Ha, that was me! Where were you? I was totally oblivious because I was probably playing with the iPod trying to find a specific atrist. :oops: I know I shouldn't have been doing it while driving, but I couldn't wait. I promise I won't do that on Wednesday!

I saw a MINI today heading north on Antioch in the left turning lane to go onto 95th. I think it was at lunch time though, so it probably wasn't you. I don't even remember the color. I tend to see many MINI's on Antioch every day, I loose track.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Two spottings in the Northland today. :)

A blue MCS parked on the West end of Briarcliff Village around 3:30

A CR MCS at the Liberty Dr/Conistor intersection around 4 today--and she waved!!! Just when I thought the MINI wave was dead...
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Minidave wrote:I spied a particular purple MCS goin north on Antioch at 95th about 5:30 tonight............Hi Lauri!
Hi Dave! I just saw this post today! If you are Antioch during any given work day you will probably see me. I take it from 87th to 110th every day. (twice going North and twice going South). There are quite a few MINI's that take that same route every day as well.
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I saw two MINIs today around 2 P.M., both PW, while waiting at one stoplight!

PW/B, personalized plates AVALAR (or something close?), headed West on 152 at Conistor in Liberty.

PW/B cabrio, turning South on Conistor from East 152. Personalized plates GEEG. Beautiful 'vert!

I also saw a trolley pass thru the same intersection. What great entertainment while waiting for the green light! :lol:

Johnna
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

If anyone is looking for me on the roads the next two days, you should look for the black Cooper loaner from Baron that is sporting a ton of graphics. These include, but are not limited to, Tire Rack, White Roof Radio and Baron. I am not sure that I am comfortable driving around in a rolling billboard :oops:
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote:If anyone is looking for me on the roads the next two days, you should look for the black Cooper loaner from Baron that is sporting a ton of graphics. These include, but are not limited to, Tire Rack, White Roof Radio and Baron. I am not sure that I am comfortable driving around in a rolling billboard :oops:
I feel for you--but it could be worse! I think the window tint is so dark no one will know it's you. :lol:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

With white stripes? Then that was you at 87 th and Antioch this AM?

And still you don't wave? :?

Three times in the last week I've seen an Electric blue (like mine) with white roof and Mo plates, twice I've driven up right beside it and waved - nothing........again this am on I-35 headed south, plates read SHU DVA. How about some MINI love there, girl?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I have no idea if there are stripes. There was too much for me to look at when I got in. You would have noticed the large "Tire Rack" on the windshield if it was me. I swear if I would have seen you I would have waved. At 87th and Antioch I had only been driving for about 5 minutes and was probably still trying to figure out how to get the OBC to read MPH instead of KLM. That was very confusing thinking I was driving down Antioch at 60+ MPH when I wasn't! :roll:

Here is is picture: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1135/143 ... 54.jpg?v=0
~Laurie~

davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

And I thought Stubby was a billboard
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:And I thought Stubby was a billboard
If Stubby aspires to be a billboard and you want to go girly, I've got a 20" round MotoringChix decal just waiting for you... :lol:

Johnna
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

ragtopday wrote: If Stubby aspires to be a billboard and you want to go girly, I've got a 20" round MotoringChix decal just waiting for you... :lol:
that would look pretty fab on my PW too ;-)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Esmter wrote:
ragtopday wrote: If Stubby aspires to be a billboard and you want to go girly, I've got a 20" round MotoringChix decal just waiting for you... :lol:
that would look pretty fab on my PW too ;-)
Although it's not quite PW, I did try it out on the Snowberry White Classic in the other side of my garage (shhhh!). I think the odds are better to put the decal on your car, Em, than John agreeing to girly up Moxie. :lol:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Silver MC in KC, crossing into Liberty on 152 East around 1 this afternoon. I think I've seen this car before....and each time I've seen it, I wonder what would happen if I staged a MINI intervention 'cuz the car would really like a nice day at the spa/carwash. :lol:
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I saw a blue (maybe, it was really dark) MSC this morning at the intersection of 10 and Broadway at 5:48 am. We were quite a site, the only cars on Broadway at opposite corners of the intersection. I was waving like mad, and they winked their headlights back at me. I was so happy because
Murphy's law of MINI's means that if I am motoring in my MINI, I rarely see another one, and they usually do not wave back. I always see other MINIs when I am in the Trooper and they just look at me like I am insane for waving. :D
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I spotted a black (or purpel?) MCSC at Game Stop/ Starbucks in Belton. I parked next to her and left a card in her window. She saw it when she walked out to her car. I don't know if she was happy about it or not... :? She had an Aesthetic Creations sticker on her bumper. It was a nice Cabrio.

Here's a pic of her car:

and my oh so awesome 8) xB
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We HAVE to get Bumblebee on the road soon....... :lol:

I saw a particluar purple MCS at 95th and Antioch this am at 8:30. Pulled up right next to her, waved like crazy and she never even saw me ................sigh, I must be invisible.............. :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"