Heartland Park - Videos!

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Heartland Park - Videos!

Post by Minidave »

These are unedited, taken from my in car camera, and they're each about 20 min long, you must have a broaband connection to watch them........

The first vid is of the second session, first time we were allowed to go out and put on some speed, although I was still taking it pretty easy while I got comfortable with both the track and my car.

The second video we all got a bit more agressive............

Third one is still uploading to Google.........

Let's Go!

Now we're havin fun!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
petek

Post by petek »

COOL! Shame I'm at work and can't watch the whole thing... can't wait until I get home tonight to check all of the videos out.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Third one's up now, got a good shot of both Petek and later Jeff going by me on the back straight! Fun stuff!

Yeehaa!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Very Nice!

Is that your 1st in-car video footage? Looks great. It would really be fun to at least double our Mini count on the August 15 event.

The video does a good job of showing how controlled the event is. I would think it might help comfort and sway anyone whose interested, but a bit timid about being on a track. My instructor spent most of the time talking/guiding me with technique while your's spent 99% shooting the sh#@t... but maybe it's because you aready know the basics! :D
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It was the first time I've done any in-car footage on the track. Have to get the wind noise issue resolved, I tried a piece of tape over the mic on the last session.

Yes, I did get a lot of in car commentary..........a little of it was even directed at you! :lol:

But in a good natured and informative way................ 8)

I really appreciated that these guys would ride with us and try to teach us what they know in such a non-critical way - good job instructors!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

But in a good natured and informative way................
I think you missed some of my bigger gaffs... :oops: Good thing. I'd hate to have that "on film." :)

Hey, next time, I'll be an experienced Novice, and I'm already counting down the days. I hijacked one of the other threads with a PSA regarding this event. I really hope we muster up more folks. 10-20 Minis would be a real blast!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, they certainly could be edited, no doubt. For length if nothing else!

I don't expect people who weren't there to sit in rapt attention while we motor around, but for those who might be interested, it's a good example of what to expect on track and from their instructors. Note - I don't think most of them were as talkative as my guy was!

It's also a good learning tool, as dimini says......

I was asked if I can open up the view a bit, but I think that was as wide as it goes, I'll mess with it and see next time. The only other thing I could do would be to move the camera back somehow - don't know how I could do that.........

I was surprised at the quality of the image on Google tho, it wasn't as compressed as I thought it would be. Anyone who would like one, I'd be glad to burn them a CD. It takes one CD per video, as they are about 658 meg long. When you watch on a CD the image and sound are quite a bit better...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

The pictures where enough for me, I didn't even have to watch the video before I was convinced. I'm hoping to work it into my schedule next time to go with.

Plus with the rousing praise to the instruction you all got, sounds like it's a win-win situation.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

For those who would like to see what it's like to do this in anger, watch these Corvettes at a T1 race at HPT..............fun, but OMG scary too!

The Real Deal!

Compare this with our rather tame tour and you can see why we say ours is just for fun, these guys mean business! Watch the first couple of turns............reminds me of every day driving in LA! :lol: 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Holy cow! Now that's fast. Those guys mean business.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I was pretty much digging the Lotus' (or would the be Loti pronounce "Low- Tie"?). Anyway, those cars are cool. Well, just down the way from where we parked was the supercharged Lotus - that thing rocked! I loved the sound and the fact that the red Viper couldn't catch it.

I think I now know why. Check out this video. Same track layout we were on. Oh, and by the way, that's got to be my next car! Love my Mini and I plan to keep her forever - but WOW can that thing move.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1738&hl=en