Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Minidave wrote:We HAVE to get Bumblebee on the road soon....... :lol:
I'm trying. I'm trying. Two weeks max I'm hoping.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Minidave wrote:I saw a particluar purple MCS at 95th and Antioch this am at 8:30. Pulled up right next to her, waved like crazy and she never even saw me ................sigh, I must be invisible.............. :lol:
DUDE, THAT WAS NOT ME!!!! I was at work at my desk at 8:30. Did you forget to set your watch back for daylight savings time? Maybe it was 7:30. If it was 7:30, then maybe it was me, but that would be pushing it since I didn't leave the house until 7:35. Might I suggest next time you see me to get out of your car and knock on my window!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS YOU, Laurie! :lol:

So, two purple haze MCS on Antioch every day? I didn't get a good look at her cause I was about 1/2 car length back........but, if you say so...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Well, if you were a 1/2 a car length back, no wonder she didn't see you.

I promise If I ever see you, I will wave. I try to wave at everyone in a MINI if I actually see them. Sometimes it's hard to drive and look for MINI's at the same time.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I know, especially on the highway, they're too close and almost past me by the time I recognize that it's a MINI.

The other day I pulled up along side my neice in her Xa and waved, I saw this panicked look on her face, so the lightbulb went on and I rolled down my window so she could see it was me and not just some perv chasing a cute girl.............didn't think my window tint was that dark, but maybe that's why no one see's me wave?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw an EB/W MCS today on College around 230.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Here's a new sighting...

Channel 9 just broke in with a weather/traffic update (and interrupted high quality programming--Jeff Foxworthy is on The View) and I spotted a PW Mini from the Scout Cam at I-35 and Southwest Blvd. headed South. Considering how the weather is looking, my only MINI sightings may be from the TV today. :lol:

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

Saw a Green colored mini in front of Target off of 152 waves were exchanged. Today around later afternoon saw a littel red (clean) convertible with painted wheel arches coming out above listed parking lot. We were opposite side of intersection in non mini. My little red headed co-pilot was waving I was honking you were driving, people were staring.

Mark
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Spotted a PH/B MCS going North on Antioch around 108th street tonight at 5. :)

Somewhere around 4:45 saw a Silver MC with MNI SKRT plates on 435. I'd say which direction on 435 but it was in that area where I'm not sure if I'm going South or West. :lol:

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a LY cabrio with the top down (Image) on southbound 71 on sunday.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

On Monday and Tuesday, I spotted an Oxygen Blue MC and I think it was the same one both times. It's the first Oxygen Blue I've seen out on the road. On Monday, somewhere along I-35 South near Lamar about 5 P.M. and on Tuesday night, around 7 P.M. in the downtown loop. You exited around Broadway....if you're lurking, I'd love to see that car up close. Join us at a MINI meet!

I also saw a HO MCSc with MO plates nearly get side-swiped last night on College, near Corporate Woods. :shock:
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

After school this morning, I was heading south on Metcalf to 135th to grab a bite to eat on my way to work and I spotted a CR/W R50 behind me. As I pulled up to the stoplight at the intersection, I glanced to my right, prepared to wave, as the other Cooper pulled up to the light. I didn't even get a glance. And, as we both sat at the red light for about a minute, the woman in the Cooper never once even acknowledged that I was next to her. Unfortunately, this seems to be a growing trend among MINI owners; altogether too many don't have the same sort of enthusiasm as most of us on this board do. I can't imagine more than five percent of other MINI drivers I see actually acknowledge me, let alone wave. It's disheartening, really...
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Last night spotted a MC, silver, headed East on 135th near Pflumm with Ontario plates. I didn't try to wave since I was driving the Box. :)

I hear ya on the wave, sliboa. I waved at someone in Liberty last week (we were in the same parking lot) and she gave me the most incredulous look, followed by a dramatic rolling of the eyes that was nearly audible. Where's the love? :?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I did the old flash the headlights trick and got a peace sign from a guy going south on 35, outside of olathe. Did get a good look at the car but made me realize there are still people out there that care. Can't wait to get the motorcycle back out, everyone waves then.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw a LY/W MC on the side of the road on 435 WB the other day.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

We spotted a CR with checker board roof and mirrors tonight at the intersection of 45 hwy & K. Sadly, no wave :(
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I haven't seen any Mini's since I've been in Ohio. :( I think the people around here would flip if they saw my Classic.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Spotted a CR MC with boot stripes (maybe bonnet, too...I was behind it and couldn't tell) at 75th and Metcalf, 5 PMish. I think the plate was GUTARST and there was an Italian Job sticker on the right rear window. Another large sticker on the boot might have been a silhouette of Elvis?
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw three mini's yesterday (it helps to get out of BFE). I saw a PW Cabrio in Mt. Orab, a Purple Haze MCS and a PW/B MCS in Cincinnati.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Doesn't sound like your in Belton anymore......... :lol:

Visiting your sister?

I was in Columbus, Mechanicsburg and Urbana last week - didn't see one MINI!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Yeah I'm in Ohio visiting my sister and her boyfriend. :)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

I spotted a red cooper with white roof and a Mickey on the antenna west bound on 470 at ~12:15 or so. I got a smile and a wave when I passed. Very nice looking Mini. :thumbsup2: Wish I could have seen with roof graphic.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I saw a Solid Gold Cooper on Lee's Summit road turning onto I-70 this afternoon about 3:45. I did not know we had any around here :D
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

CR/CR cooper

Post by MiniGeoff »

Saw a CR^2 justacooper on 87th st on the way into work this AM. And if you actually read this, I'm sorry I cut you off. I'm a bad person.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Didn't get the color but i think it was a BRG/Bk. Anyway, MC with Lyon county plates, word on the plate MOUSE....Driving on 470 East bound at 6:30ish tonight. We exchanged a few passes.