Name that Movie!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
toeknee

Re: Name that Movie!

Post by toeknee »

Clue #2: "...she’s been dead for 2 years, and that's the shit I remember: wonderful stuff you know? Little things like that. Those are the things I miss the most. The little idiosyncrasies that only I know about: that's what made her my wife. Oh she had the goods on me too, she knew all my little peccadilloes. People call these things imperfections, but there not. Ah, that's the good stuff."
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I love this movie! I have to admit though, I had to look up the first quote. I would have got it with the second. I think I need to watch it again.... :wink:
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

Do you like apples? Yeah. Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?! haha Good Will Hunting is a great movie!
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

cdecker78 wrote:Do you like apples? Yeah. Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?! haha Good Will Hunting is a great movie!
I do too. It's older and often gets overlooked, but it is great. Your turn, cdecker, pick a move and give us a quote. :)
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

"And there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done. "
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Boiler room?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think you're right - that was a pretty good movie too......I was a broker during those go-go days in the early 80's, an awful lot of what went on in that movie was dead on right too.....

I saw guys doing lines of coke off the copy machine glass, then they were back on the phones - hyped to the nines!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

yep boiler room!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

"Well, there are plenty worse places to be than the Old West. I could've ended up in the Dark Ages. They probably would have burned me at the stake as a heretic or something."

easy peasy.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Back to The Future - Part III?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

yep. good job!

your turn.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

This comedy is an homage to another famous director, and many scenes in the movie make reference to those same scenes in the other director's movies - many of which were billed as drama/action adventure/mysteries, yet often had hidden comedic value.......

ND: Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup

Her: Come to my room right after dinner.
Him: No, not tonight. I'm too tired. I think I'll turn in early.
Her: I'll let you wear my underwear.
Him: I'll be there
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Too obscure?

The director of this "film noir" is Mel Brooks, the director he lampoons is of course, Hitchcock......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

High Anxiety it is.
I love this line from the movie.
"You want to x-ray the celery? What do you think we're smuggling dope in the celery? The celery's not for dope. It's for dip!"
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

Here is the next quote....

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, following up on Mel Brooks movies........."May the schwartz be with you!" Spaceballs!

The best part of that movie was when they played the video of the movie while it was being made - that was a mind bender! :mrgreen:

This one's easy.....

[in a Ferrari dealership]

Roger the Car Salesman: My name's Roger, Sir. May I be of some help?

M: That's funny, my name's Roger... Two Rogers don't make a right.
[laughs]
M: Roger, I have a problem...

Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?

M: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week for me.

Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.

M: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...

Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

M: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Argh!

I had to look it up, so I won't answer, only because I couldn't think of the movie. I could see the actor (Ok, when I read the quote, I heard it in his voice in my head) and the scene, but couldn't remember where it was from. My fav scene in that movie, mostly because I often think the same way about expensive things. Anyone with money can buy the newest and coolest, if only to show off how rich they are. But fans who appreciate things buy clasics for the same money, because they get it.

It's not universal, obviously, or we'd all be driving classics... but when price isn't a limiting factor, why get the same thing as everyone else.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It's hard to put up a quote from that movie that doesn't give it away completely, but here's one that should make it obvious....

M: Without disappointment you cannot appreciate victory.
D: Did Eleanor tell you that?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Minidave wrote:It's hard to put up a quote from that movie that doesn't give it away completely, but here's one that should make it obvious....

M: Without disappointment you cannot appreciate victory.
D: Did Eleanor tell you that?
Gone in 60 Seconds, the NEW one. And it's "can", not "cannot", lol.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

"Quick! Quick hang a right! Steven, cut over to G street! I just saw a vision! I saw a goddess! C'mon you gotta catch up to her!"

"C'mon Kirk, we can't be spending half the night chasing girls down for you."

"Lori... I'm telling you, this was the most perfect, dazzling creature I've ever seen! She spoke to me! She spoke to me right through the window! I think she said I love you! ......That means nothing to you people? You have no romance? No soul? ....Someone wants me! Someone roaming the streets, wants me! Will ya turn the corner?!"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Too easy! :mrgreen:

American Graffiti

As long as we're on a car movie kick - and I apologize to those with more delicate ears for the language....

This movie starred 2 famous contemporary singers and a whole host of famous actors, some not quite famous yet!

It also has some real looking racing action - the "lead" actor only has about 10 lines in the whole movie.

The lead actress was the girlfriend of a half of very popular singing duo, and later committed suicide, which some say her boyfriend never really has recovered from.

Hot rod driver: How about fifty?
The Driver: Make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have us an automobile race.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Another easy! lol

"Two-Lane Blacktop" in a primered black '55 Chevy... somewhat of a "gasser". Lead actor was James Taylor, and ya, he was pretty quiet in it. Don't remember the actress.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Mildred: What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny: Whaddya got?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Ha!

The Wild Bunch......Marlon Brando on a Triumph.....

The girl in Two Lane Blacktop was Laurie Bird, she was Art Garfunkle's girlfriend, and she also has a part in Annie Hall where she's at a party with Paul Simon. She was one of the original "waif" fashion models and it's said that Art never really recovered from her death - she committed suicide in their apartment in New York.

One of the line's in Two Lane Blacktop

Dennis Wilson to James Taylor..there's cops around here, watch your ass
Laurie - I wish someone would look at my ass

(paraphrased)

The other singer was Dennis Wilson, of the Beach Boys. If you watch closely you can see the watch he's timing the races with is a Rolex! Something the poor itinerant drag racer would probably not be wearing! :mrgreen:

________________________________________________________________________________

OK, the next one then....and continuing the car theme.

LB: When people risk their lives, shouldn't it be for something very important?
MD: Well, it better be.
LB: But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
MD: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Eh, I'll give it to you Dave. You got the movie, but wrong title. Wild Bunch was a western, Wild ONE is the Marlon Brando movie. ;)