Random thoughts....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
RojoCohete

Random thoughts....

Post by RojoCohete »

just anything you want to say that doesn't fit into an existing thread and you don't feel like starting a new thread. i'll start...

http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/MiniSkiJump.htm
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

That's not a rocket. LOL that's the VTEC kickin in.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

the MINI may have to go as a trade in on this 806 bhp, 245 mph CCX

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/ccx.asp?ccx=3

Esmter

Post by Esmter »

i'd rather have this!

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Esmter wrote:i'd rather have this!

I think that car still qualifies as British....about as much as the MINI. Designed in London, built in the the UK plus it's CUTE. Please put my name on the "I want a ride" list when you figure out how to get one of these into the U.S. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

hahahha, the reviewer of that pink car, pulled off the road and left the keys in it saying he couldn't take it anymore and that he doubted anyone would steal it.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RojoCohete wrote:hahahha, the reviewer of that pink car, pulled off the road and left the keys in it saying he couldn't take it anymore and that he doubted anyone would steal it.
I think he also wore a paper bag over his head... :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

great show, isn't it?
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Are you guys talking about Top Gear? We love that show. Those guys are nuts. Some of the stuff they do just amazes me. We just re-watched the episode that had the pink car in it the other day.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, it was on again last night in fact.....

They do some fun stuff, and what I appreciate is that they're not afraid to call a dog a dog...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

i'm going to city hall tomorrow to get an explanation of my NEW, HIGHER house taxes. Anyone feel the need to come also?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RojoCohete wrote:i'm going to city hall tomorrow to get an explanation of my NEW, HIGHER house taxes. Anyone feel the need to come also?
I see the real estate tax fairy visited your mailbox today, too. :lol:
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Forgive my ignorance, but what county is Liberty in? It's Platte or Clay, right? All I know is I tried to fight Jackson Co. on a real estate tax issue, and even though they ADMITTED it was THEIR fault I still had to cough up $3800 in back taxes because they didn't do their jobs. Amazing. :shock: :? :roll:
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

liberty is the county seat of clay county.
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Well, then hopefully the fine people of the Clay county assessment office will be better than those of Jackson county. Good luck! :D
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

speed_racer wrote:Well, then hopefully the fine people of the Clay county assessment office will be better than those of Jackson county. Good luck! :D

Good luck...JohnCo raised my evals $22k in the past 2 years. Disregarding the fact that the real estate market dumped...and the fact they decided to tear out the woods, the 3 bridges, and redo the entire storm drain structure in my HOA.

Yes.. an 18 month bulldozer training ground does increase the aesthetics and beauty of my neighborhood. Hearing diesels start at 6:55AM 5 days a week brings people into the neighborhood in droves. Clay and mud piles throughout the neighborhood dramatically increase the desire for people to want to buy my house thus making it more valuable.

Ahh..common sense in government :D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I was picking up some supplies at Michael's this afternoon and overheard a lengthy rant from someone working in the framing dept. about her Liberty/Clay County real estate tax bill. Seems hers went up 30% in one year and she's considering selling her house. Apparently a new tax levee in Liberty proper is part of the issue.

There was a friendly little letter with our tax bill say this was a reassessment year and while the collector's office couldn't change the assessed value, they would suggest that we pay our bill on time (and they underlined that part). Big of them. This from the same county that INCREASED the value on our xB last year--that's right, a car that appreciates!

So how was the line at the courthouse this morning, Brett? :lol:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, I was going to add, welcome to our world - Johnson County has tripled my taxes on my house in 12 years, that's a pretty good rate of inflation! I notice my salary hasn't tripled in the same period of time...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

apparently, clay county thinks the house that we bought in april 2005 was built in 2005. uh, the people we bought it from lived here for 7years - how do you not have a record of that?

so our 50% increase should be reduced considerably. score one for the little guy today!
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

no problem at all at the courthouse. dealt with the Real Estate department. And by going over to the historical archive building and doing 20 minutes of research, i was able to prove that our house existed (in it's original state) as far back as 1924. our neighborhood was plotted in 1887.

so the real estate department manager said that they would be correcting their error and contacting us next week!!!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

How did this become the real estate taxes thread? :wink: :roll: :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Minidave wrote:How did this become the real estate taxes thread? :wink: :roll: :lol:
It's that time of year...annual 'gift' from the local gov.

Speaking of which...they were nice enough to raise my taxes 4.1% this year...when the city's overall property value dropped.

Not so much... :evil:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I guess they got bored with the original topic--
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

ragtopday wrote: This from the same county that INCREASED the value on our xB last year
That's not nearly as bad as the 2000 tax assesment and bill I got last year marked *overdue* and *final notice* on the 1996 GMC Sanoma pickup I owned while I lived in St Charles County, just south of ST Louis, along with the nice offers of prosecution and docking my income.

I called them an politly pointed out that I have never owned a 96 GMC Sanoma, nor have I ever lived in St Charles County at any addres, let alone the one they said I had, and that I was confident that they had the wrong guy. There response was "Oh, well I'd ignore that bill, then."
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

Davester wrote:I guess they got bored with the original topic--
naw dave, that's why this thread is called Random Thoughts. Every post can be about something different. Just let it out...