Buffalo Run October 17-18

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Buffalo Run October 17-18

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

The dates have been announced for this year's Buffalo Run, Oct. 17 and 18.

For those new to the Run, it is the area's only exotic auto multi-day event and includes a concourse on the Plaza, rally with multiple routes, track day, parties, swag, a concert...Hopefully others will share their experiences of the past two Buffalo Runs here to encourage others to join in the MINI representation this year!

Early Registration the last two years has been $275, which seems high until factoring in a VIP party with food and drinks, breakfast, lunch, a light dinner, lots of drinks, laps at the track (not your granny's parade laps), a multi-route open road rally and a finish line concert. AND it's all a benefit for Children's Mercy. I hope Dan with the Z club will share his experience seeing the kids from Children's Mercy at the track last year.

There's more info at www.kcrally.com. Several videos from past rallies are available at youtube.com, just search under Buffalo Run.

So who's going??? 8)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I LOVE this event!! Wednesday we had a track day at Kansas Speedway and we were bummed when we were limited as to how fast we could drive-and a low limit it was. What made the day worthwhile was when they brought kids from Children's Mercy to take laps in the car of their choosing. Words cannot express the expression on the kids face when as they sat in the Ferrari, Lambo, etc. of their chose. What was funny even the kids were bummed about the low lap speeds.

As Johnna mentions when you factor in the free food, drinks, parties, etc. I've always felt I got my money's worth.

Not everything has been laid out for this event. In speaking with Laurie Menendez there will be a private party Friday night at VooDoo Lounge at Harrah's, possibly a national act playing, and maybe a track event of some sort.

I've already registered even without knowing the entire agenda because I know I'll have a blast regardless.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mcconned wrote:I LOVE this event!! Wednesday we had a track day at Kansas Speedway and we were bummed when we were limited as to how fast we could drive-and a low limit it was.
I was pleasantly surprised on my first set of laps at the permissible speed. I was expecting the 30 MPH parade laps that seem to take place at most NASCAR track car club gatherings and that was NOT what I got. I'm not obsessed with high speed, especially not on a turn-left track, because driving a MINI at any speed is big ol' grin-inducing, but I did have the opportunity to see the other side of the speedo. :)

Our second set of laps was a bit slower (I was directly behind the pace car) but it was still a 3-digit kinda run, just slower than the first. I didn't expect to like the track day at all and was surprised to find it so much fun. If I would have had more time, I could have stayed for many more sets of laps. Thelma and Louise are disappointed to be missing it this year. :cry:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Bernard Cline

Re: Buffalo Run October 17-18

Post by Bernard Cline »

[quote="ragtopday"]There's more info at www.kcrally.com. Several videos from past rallies are available at youtube.com, just search under Buffalo Run.quote]

If you go to their website and look at the pics #23 is spectacular!!!
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

"...low lap speeds" is all relative. When you're on a track like that with the cars that were there, anything under 150 mph would have seemed slow. :lol:

And, yes, at one point my car was in the 3 digits on my speedometer.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
petek

Post by petek »

Sounds like fun. Got it pencilled in on my calendar.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey y'all--it's registration time! The early reg. price of $275 might still be available if you ask real nice. It's going up to $400 soon. www.kcrally.com

So who is representing Team MINI this year? Sounds like some serious rally nuts with national rally experience have registered. I don't know how they do it, but this event is more fun every year!