KC All British Car and Cycle Show, August 30th and 31st

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

The schedule of events isn't posted yet, however if it follows years past, the "show" is on Sunday in an open field at the airport Marriott. Saturday features a driving skills test which looks like great fun!

http://kcallbritish.tripod.com/

Who all is bringing their car out for the show?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Ok, so here is the obivious question; how much is it this time or how much was it last time? I do not need a $74 hotel room since I live here in town.

Are there any interested miniacs, I will be 40 yrsd old that weekend so I think it would be a great way to celebrate.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I was there last year with my MINI, I'm thinking about entering my Jag this year.........I think it was $30 to show last year......

Man it was hot last year, bring some shade if you have it, and a lawn chair or two and a cooler full of cold!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Dave-

What are the specs on your Jag?

It seems like there are several Miniacs that have multiple sports cars, that's great :). I myself have a passion for Porsches as well as Mini's, unfortunately I don't have a wallet for them I can only afford the R56 at this time.

If I could though for years I have wanted a Boxster S, a 550 Spyder (replica) and a Porsche 356 Speedster (replica) as well as a 308 GTS Ferarri :twisted: .

Actually, right after I bought the R56 I saw a show on the 550 Spyder with Jay Leno where you can get a (near replica) for around $20,000+. That is a whole lot cheaper than Big Papi but I couldn't drive it in the winter and I do love Big Papi's heated seats.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I currently have a '69 Jaguar XK-E that I brought back from the dead, check it out at my Cardomain site here Dave's Jag

In the past I have owned my share of unusual cars, including plenty of Porsches, Classic Minis and one Dino Ferrari....wish I still had them all!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Very nice, I really do wish I had the 550 Spyder replica. The only differences I would make would be to go with the hub cap covers and driver's side head rest which James Dean didn't have either one. I think for him it was to reduce every ounce of weight so the Little Bastard would be as fast as hell.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Bernard Cline wrote:I will be 40 yrsd old that weekend so I think it would be a great way to celebrate.
My birthday is that weekend too (September 1st). I think I'll try to get the Mini up there. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Dave-

Checked Cardomain, the site is currenlty down for maintenance.
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

We found out from (Bill) one of the persons responsible for this show that there was not enough parking for the Mini's last year.

This year, he is setting aside an entire row of parking just for Mini's. He wanted me to let the club know about this.

He wants a representative from our club to contact him about the event, so he can give us more information about it and getting our Mini group closer involved with the All British Car Club and the event itself.

He can be reached at bayoung@dstoutput.com

I haven't been with the club long enough to know who is our spokesperson or event coordinator. But, whoever that is, there is the info for you.

I have direct contact will Bill daily, so if you have any further questions, just holler.

Cathy & Buzz
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

kraydl wrote:
He wants a representative from our club to contact him about the event, so he can give us more information about it and getting our Mini group closer involved with the All British Car Club and the event itself.

Cathy & Buzz
I'll contact Bill--thank you for the info!! Last year we had fewer MINIs than the previous year, but we were still treated like the ugly step-child so I'm excited to hear folks involved with the show don't think of us that way. Last year there was a fair amount of griping about how we had parked, followed by the usual comments from standers-by that we shouldn't be in the show anyway since we aren't "proper British cars." I'm really tickled after participating in this show for 3 years to hear they would like more MINI involvement. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I will probably be in, let me know if there is a cost?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Big Papi wrote:I will probably be in, let me know if there is a cost?
There is a $25 registration fee (reduced from $30!). There is lots of info at www.kcallbritish.com, including a registration form.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I just received my registration in the mail, but I don't think that I will be able to attend. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

we'll have to go again this year and see if i notice anything else i'd want to buy. 2 days after this show last year we got the bug eyed sprite.

certainly not car show worthy, but it'll look nice in the parking lot.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Esmter wrote:we'll have to go again this year and see if i notice anything else i'd want to buy. 2 days after this show last year we got the bug eyed sprite.

certainly not car show worthy, but it'll look nice in the parking lot.
Em--

What about entering Frank in the "Diamond in the Rough" category?

I always like walking thru the parking lot at car shows--sometimes the cars not being shown are just as fun to look at!
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

who all is going to this event? i live down the street from zona rosa, so the show is just right up the street from me.
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

ragtopday wrote: Em--

What about entering Frank in the "Diamond in the Rough" category?

I always like walking thru the parking lot at car shows--sometimes the cars not being shown are just as fun to look at!
heh - Frank (short for Frankenstein, as this car is made from parts of about 3 cars. body of a '67, bonnet of a '59, engine from who knows where) i guess it could go in that category, though we usually just go to walk around. i've never entered a car in a show before.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

Esmter wrote:
heh - Frank (short for Frankenstein, as this car is made from parts of about 3 cars. body of a '67, bonnet of a '59, engine from who knows where) i guess it could go in that category, though we usually just go to walk around. i've never entered a car in a show before.
Pictures? I want to see this car haha.
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

it looks just like a regular 1967 Sprite, but with a 1959 bug eyed sprite bonnet, hinged backwards - the look of a bug eye with a better car.

with a '67, you get real windows (not side curtains), heat, a trunk, door handles and a 1275cc engine instead of the 948cc that came in the '59.

runs great, but needs some body work and a paint job:

RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

yea, really no interest in the car showing part.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

...usual comments from standers-by that we shouldn't be in the show anyway since we aren't "proper British cars."
To that I say "Thank God they're not." I wouldn't own a new MINI as my daily driver if it were a "Proper British car".

Though I did not show my car there last year, I did really enjoy looking at all the britmobiles and a few bi-racial BINIS. :roll:
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

i see this event is coming up this weekend. just curious if anyone is going?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Next weekend, not this - right?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

yeah, my bad. a week and half from now. anyone planning on it?
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'd like to go to it but I won't be in town :( Take lots of pictures if you go.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000